Difference between J90 alnico and J95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between J90 alnico and J95

Anyone know the difference between these two pickups. I have a Charvel Model 88 missing the J95 so I bought a 16K J90 alnico from a 1988 Jackson Soloist Pro that was for sale locally. Just wondering if there's a huge difference between the two.

pork chops

Comment

Sausages!

Try this: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/432...-J85-J-90-J-95
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Turtles.

Actually I liked the J90 I tried in the M88.

Comment

I'm fairly certain the # is the winding.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
            Seems like many posts refer to the j90 and j90c as the same thing so it's difficult to judge by them without specifying which one they're referring to. I didn't even know there was a j95c until I read this post. I've read many positive reviews on the j95 so hopefully this alnico j90 will be very similar since the numbers are so close. If it is I'll consider myself lucky to have found it since these 16k ones apper to be hard to find. While I was cleaning it up the cover fell off and I was surprised to see the whole top gooped with what appears to be hot melt glue. I thought they used wax. It looks like it was a factory glue job and the person that sold it to me said he bought the guitar new and removed the pickup back in 1988. I would think that hot glue would impede the function much more than wax would. So hopefully this pickup will sound much better since I plan on keeping the cover intact.
            Last edited by Clemford; 01-24-2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X