Jackson Speed Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Speed Neck

The jackson speed neck, is it found on every King V guitar? From the KVX-10 to the KV-2T?

The reason i ask is that i have a KV3 which i am thinking about selling (i know im bad, its such a beauty in trans blue!) but i love the neck profile. It fits like a glove! When i have more money i would like to purchase a KV2 (down the road). Will it has the same neck profile? Despite the extra frets and the fact that it is neck thru not bolt on?

Perhaps someone could give the exact specs on the KV3 neck for my future reference?

Also, what other guitars have the Speed neck, or is it just the KV series?

Many thanks

Re: Jackson Speed Neck

The string thru soloists sl2gx have the speed neck and its a great feel ain't it.Also you can order a speed neck on any guitar thru the custom shop. I think the kv series is the only current series with the speed neck though. Check the specs at the Jackson guitar site.

Comment

I believe the RR1 has it. The Rhoads PCS had it, and I think the USA Kelly (Marty models) had it.
      I don't think the KV-3 had it (at least from what I reccall of the one I had), but the Mustaine KV Pro I have also has the Speed Neck.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

OK What is a Speed Neck exactly?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The rr1 has the sl2h neck profile not the speed neck. The speed neck is just a thinner neck then the "normal" Jackson neck. It feels easier to play to me then the usual neck but not really that much difference but there is a slight noticeability. Coming from Gibsons its a vast improvement.

Comment

The Speed Neck is thin like the JEM/Wizard neck. Why people can't play just as fast on "regular" necks is beyond me, though [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

my SL2GX neck isnt a thin Ibanez wizard neck... its almost a normal soloist at the first frets, then thins out near the higher registers.

~E

Comment

The speed neck is thicker at the lower registers and thinner up high. Nowhere near as thin as the Ibanez wizards though.

Comment

Im sure my KV3 has the speed neck, the neck is thinner and faster (to me) than any other jackson i have played (soloists in particular!) What style of neck does a dinky have?

Comment

Among the stock USA Guitars, I believe the King V and Kelly has the speed neck.

Comment

The KV3 may have a thin neck, but I don't think Jackson specifically refers to it as a "speed neck". All of my bolt-on imports have thinner necks than my bolt-on USAs, and are pretty close to the KV2. Definitely thinner than a Soloist neck.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone:
                        The KV3 may have a thin neck, but I don't think Jackson specifically refers to it as a "speed neck". All of my bolt-on imports have thinner necks than my bolt-on USAs, and are pretty close to the KV2. Definitely thinner than a Soloist neck.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm with you on that - imports don't have neck "options". It may feel thinner, but it isn't a speed neck. That's a Custom Shop option for the most part. I had one on my Red Snakeskin strat. I didn't particularly care for it. I like the "normal" profile. I'm kind of a Les Paul fan these days, but I'm NOT a shredder either.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob From Accounting:
                          Among the stock USA Guitars, I believe the King V and Kelly has the speed neck.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My Kelly KE-2 did NOT have a speed neck - it was pretty beefy.

Comment

The back of the Jackson catalog has the neck specs. In terms of USA models, the DK1 has the thinnest neck profile of all. And it's probably most similar in feel to a SD Charvel, too.

Comment

None of them have the speed neck anymore. That was something of the past. Try an older 80's model neck against a later 90's one. Just doesn't have the same feel.
                              We must!
                              We must!
                              We must increase the bust!
                              The bigger the better!
                              The tighter the sweater!
                              The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Working...
                              X