Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What guitar did I get?

hi guys,
    got this off of craigs as a project guitar, but it'd be nice to find out what charvel model it is. It might be helpful to know so I buy parts that will fit this body. In fact, can I just drop in any floyd and it will fit?

BTW, there is neck plate, but it's not in the pic, serial number is 334166. Any insight on what I'm going to work on would be helpful..

Model 375 needs a Schaller Floyd or similar with SHORT lock screws. Nice axe i built a custom one a few years back

Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Should be a 375
      Two guitars are better than one.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
        Model 375 needs a Schaller Floyd or similar with SHORT lock screws. Nice axe i built a custom one a few years back
        Thanks guys! So to clarify, any floyd will fit/work? And lock screws are the ones at the top of the neck, correct? How short are we talking? Sorry for all the n00b questions, I usually just buy them ready to play..hahaha

Comment

no not just any floyd it has to be a schaller style
          Haters gonna hate

Comment

^ hey man, what's the deal with that band-aid? is that a graphic art or a real band-aid? It it under the clear?
            Sam

Comment

Original Floyd Rose. Long bolts in the back will stick out past your route.
              [IMG][/IMG]

Schaller Floyd (what you need).. See the short fat bolts in the back?
              [IMG][/IMG]
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                Original Floyd Rose. Long bolts in the back will stick out past your route.
                [IMG][/IMG]

Schaller Floyd (what you need).. See the short fat bolts in the back?
                [IMG][/IMG]
                Warlok, thanks so much for the info, I finally see the difference! Does that mean I can't put in a Dtuna? I wasn't planning on pulling up. Actually...since I never pull up(going to block it too), wouldn't I be able to use the long bolts? unles... the bolts are in that..pocket, then I'm screwed.

Comment

Would the jackson floyds work in the 375? I see they have short bolts...
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-JT58...item416cf0173d

Comment

Bandaid was on the surface and hiding a chip I put into it.
                    Haters gonna hate

Comment

I'd go with a JT-500 before a 580..
                      I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

here ya go

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-Jackson...item25766d5920
                        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by alphadog808 View Post
                          Does that mean I can't put in a Dtuna? I wasn't planning on pulling up. Actually...since I never pull up(going to block it too), wouldn't I be able to use the long bolts? unles... the bolts are in that..pocket, then I'm screwed.
                          The bolts on an Original Floyd do not sit in the route, they sit above it. If you aren't going to pull up, you can get away with an Original Floyd in that route. I got a soloist a few months ago that had the same size route, with an original Floyd installed. It was only a problem if I pulled up. Kind of clunky (I ended up re-routing the guitar for the Floyd), so you might be better off getting a short bolt trem if a Dtuna isn't really important to you.

I haven't used a DTuna, but they will not work on the trems with short bolts. I don't know how much room they take up, but if they rely on sitting down into the route, you probably are out of luck with the smaller size route and a Floyd because there will be wood in the way. If they stay above the route, you may be able to make it work, but I don't really know.
                          Last edited by Ward; 10-17-2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Dang, I guess not so simple! Thanks for the advice guys. I need to prep/paint/etc the guitar before I really start looking at parts, so I'll hit you guys up again once I get to that part. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Comment

Ok guys, just to confirm, will this fit? It's not a schaller, but it doesn't have long end bolts.
                              http://www.ebay.com/itm/321006457036...84.m1423.l2649

Note, I measured the posts on the guitar from midhole to midhole and it was 3 15/16...

Comment

Working...
                              X