Is charvelguitars.net legit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is charvelguitars.net legit?

Pardon my ignorance, but that site feels a little shady. Anyone dealt with 'em?

Never been there.

Comment

It's just some bullshit listing aggregator site. Or should I say aggravator?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        It's just some bullshit listing aggregator site. Or should I say aggravator?
        The former, and you're right. There's a bunch of different sights that are doing this now.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Damn, I suspected as much, thanks for confirming my suspicions guys. Good thing I didn't get my hopes up, heh.

Comment

I thought that was Tracy's site's name? His gallery and forum thing?
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I've seen these sites before. What is the point? Why would somebody take the time to make the site?
              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

They get ad revenue I suppose. Someone finds that site from a Google search, then clicks a link from that page.

Or maybe it's a piggyback setup where they stick a bot on your back while you walk through their gate, and they ride into restricted access sites that way. Once inside, they harvest contact info and whatever else. In turn, that data could be used not only for identity theft, but also to generate targeted marketing, which would explain why I see ads for TigerDirect and MF on Gamefaqs immediately after browsing those sites.

As well, if the bot is a carrier, it can spread to someone else on a given site from you, and then to another site from them, just like the flu or any other virus.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X