Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was it like the day you got your first USA Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a near mint, one year old Slat3-7 off ebay in Oz for $900 last February. I was on a short holiday at my sister's and the guy dropped it off to me while he was driving past, on his way to watch an international cricket match. It was set up to A but played absolutely fabulous! Always been an Ibi fan but this was my first 7 string. It's great, though I'd rather passives but that's just me. Then in July, I got the type of Jackson I've wanted since 1986!!!!! (ie: my avatar)
    www.vvforums.com

Comment

When i first open the case of my KV2 BGF I was crying for two weeks!! I still cannot believe how beautiful she is!!! It was a dream come true!!
      Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
      Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
      http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
      http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

It was about 65 degrees and slightly overcast if I remember right.
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I bought my first USA off ebay, was a RR2 owned by Shreddermon. He told me about the forum I think, so I came here and never left. It was a nice guitar, that's for sure, but it really wasn't anything special except for the fact it started off my quest for a nicer guitar. At that point I only had a 3A and a 3DR that I had owned since the 80's.

So far, my crowning moment is the day that BroFF decided he was selling. I purchased the black Jackson strathead from him. I received it, it was like brand new... I could have had it a year and a half earlier if I had hit the BIN on a shady looking ebay auction for $500 or $550 if I remember correctly.

That's the guitar that all others are compared against. Only a few have made that cut.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Don't know yet, but I will. I hope.
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Here's pics from my first day http://imgur.com/a/Mhlg5
              USA Jackson RR1
              Charvel Model 6
              Jackson Performer-2
              Orange Dark Terror
              EVH 5150 LBX
              Hello Senòr

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                My KV2, white w/ black bevels, was so awesome that my neighbor's hot wife and her even hotter daughter came over and gave me a double blowjob while I was playing it that first day.

Then they made me a sandwich and went home.
                That's exactly what happened to me!! Trip out.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                  My KV2, white w/ black bevels, was so awesome that my neighbor's hot wife and her even hotter daughter came over and gave me a double blowjob while I was playing it that first day.

Then they made me a sandwich and went home.
                  Originally posted by mottobur View Post
                  That's exactly what happened to me!! Trip out.
                  So, which one of you was served first?
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Dunno if it counts, but my first new USA was a custom shop Charvel Star. I was so anxious to get at that baby that I took off work that day to "catch" the package. After it arrived and I let it acclimatize, I had that baby plugged in and...

...I eventually traded it for a USA Std. Star.

Comment

Hmmm. I think it was partly cloudy about 60 degrees
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Got my first USA Jackson in 1989--a used San Dimas-era Soloist, which I traded in my Kramer F-6000 + a LOT of cash for. Jackson Soloists (and their imitators) are everywhere now, but that wasn't the case in the '80s. They were pretty rare and exotic back then, and it felt like I was taking a Ferrari home. Sadly, the guitar was stolen from me about a year later, but it started me on the path.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
                          I loved the feel of it, the look... the bright white bound headstock...

Oh yes thats the brightest white bound headstock you could ever get

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
                            To me its like getting the holy grail, finally realising my dream guitar isn't a dream, just holding something so perfect in my hands and for once it doesnt involve masturbation. Its a one of a kind feeling!

Couldn't sleep the following night, and couldn't put it down for food or anything. No other guitar has ever done that for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
                              I'm still waiting to find out
                              Im right there with ya Dude!
                              *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
                              *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
                              *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
                              Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
                              *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
                              *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
                              *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
                              *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

As many years that I have worked for Jackson, I got my first one about 4 months ago on trade for a restoration job. It is an early 80s salmon bolt bolt op strat, H/S/S config.
                                Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                                http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X