Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Xeno and anyone else that wants to know about the elusive import strathead Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Xeno and anyone else that wants to know about the elusive import strathead Model

I FINALLY received the neck today.

It came off a CLM DLX.

Has the pointy model series logo, black headstock, rosewood, and a floyd nut.

I was asked to get some info on the profile of this neck.

I will measure it out later if someone wants broken down specs but it feels like any other model series neck but its a 1 piece and strathead.

Very flat radius to it reminds me of the Stealth Pro neck I had and is kind of similar to the higher end dinky neck in the professional series.

I think itll go on a Jackson USA Strat body I have here for now but I am not set on that yet, it sure would work on yet another star body lol.

If anyone wants pics I can put some up let me know.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Pics, dude... post pics! lol

There is late 90's Japanese Market Strathead on ebay right now, but it has a Fender profile headstock, not the SD Charvel like the one you have. It does appear to have the correct volute, and it should be the old SD profile as well. It looks like a really solid strat clone, but it's not the right era that I've been looking for. I'm looking for an early 90's Jake E Lee model with the skunk stripe and will pay $$$$ for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110945833444

And anyone wondering about the price... it's probably close to USA Fender quality. It'll probably make a pro-mod feel like a beginner's guitar... Sorry if you love Pro-Mods. This has model series build quality, not the last run era where they cut a bunch of corners in the finish and detail work...
    Last edited by xenophobe; 09-06-2012, 02:06 PM.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

ill snap some pics shortly. I really am torn as I HATE the fact it has that charvel model name on it. I am tempted to relogo it jackson or chervil and use it on one of MY personal projects. Its not like im ever gonna restore a clm-dlx with it so im thinkin I may as well make it mine.
      Haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
        ill snap some pics shortly. I really am torn as I HATE the fact it has that charvel model name on it. I am tempted to relogo it jackson or chervil and use it on one of MY personal projects. Its not like im ever gonna restore a clm-dlx with it so im thinkin I may as well make it mine.
        Might as well. I bet the neck is really nice though. Back then, they didn't skimp on the finishing touches.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Xeno PM Sent shes yours if ya want her.
          Haters gonna hate

Comment

Working...
          X