Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First sighting: Import Scott Ian ATL Solist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First sighting: Import Scott Ian ATL Solist!

Went to GC tonight because we were bored... they had the usual nothing, but then I saw a new Scott Ian Soloist, so I figured Id check it out and snap some pics for you guys!

First of all, this is made in China, NOT India! And as much as I hate to say it, China seems to do better work than India on these. The fit, finish, binding, fretwork and overall feel were all very impressive!

Now, on to the guitar: Neck though construction with an old school style neck heel. Body seems to me more of a full size Strat shape as opposed to a Dinky, hard to tell though, it could be a Dinky with larger radius around the body for all I know. The inlays were done well and looked pretty cool, the rosewood board was a very nice decent piece of wood. White binding was all even and masked nicely, not thin and sometimes uneven as seen on most India guitars. Fretwork seemed pretty decent as well. Overall was a decent weight, felt good in the hands, felt like you were holding a "real" guitar if you know what I mean.

I cant comment on the sound as I didnt have time to plug it in though. Added bonus, the back cover is signed by Scott Ian! Dont know if theyre all like that, but the one here was. Overall, for $699 they seem to be a great deal. If I was an Anthrax fan I would def buy one... but Im not.

Heres a few pics attached... theyre cell phone pics, but came out ok.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-14_19-38-51_49.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	2451015Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-14_19-39-15_763.jpg
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	2451016Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-14_19-39-23_754.jpg
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	2451017Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-14_19-39-38_993.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	2451018Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-14_19-39-49_59.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	2451019
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...lectric-guitar

Theres the MF link... so new, theres not even a description yet!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

The body is bigger, that wasn't your imagination. He wanted the body to be a little larger than his old NOT Soloist.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I LOVE the old school neck heel! Wish they never went away from that design. Good to see it back. That said, I'm not gonna buy it.
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

So Scott moved to Atlanta, or does the ATL mean something else these days?
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Among the living.

Comment

Y'know, I like Anthrax, I like the guitar, and I like the album, but if I wasn't in the band or didn't play on the album... why would I want that? ... ? ? ?:think:
              Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
                Y'know, I like Anthrax, I like the guitar, and I like the album, but if I wasn't in the band or didn't play on the album... why would I want that? ... ? ? ?:think:
                Maybe if you were an Atlanta Braves fan, you'd buy it?

Comment

China = No Thanks.

Comment

Slap a 15% GC coupon on that and it's less than $600. If it was lefty, I'd buy it just for the graphic and inlays (I would prefer a big NOT over ATL, but oh well, they'll never make it lefty )

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4341[/ATTACH]

Rob, thank you for including this shot of the serial # sticker.

Now we have the format for Chinese (ugh) Jacksons:

CSJ1200034

C - China
                      S - (name of factory)
                      J - Jackson

34th Jackson built in that factory in 2012.

Desolation owners, does your sticker have CSC11xxxxx or CSC12xxxxx ?
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

lol Chinese Jacksons. Still makes me laugh. MIC is actually a good thing these days. The next Jackson line will be made in Belarus.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

How come I can't find these on Jackson's website?

Comment

I posted that I saw one at my GC too a few days ago.Yes made in China.
                            The one I saw wasn't all that great,the binding and fretwork was pretty sad and the graphic was not all that great.
                            As far as the body size and feel of the back of the neck that part felt like an old school soloist.
                            It could be made into a great guitar with a top refin and better pick up/electronics.
                            I love a one hum soloist so if I can get a used one in the future it should be a cool project.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

And so the prophecy is fulfilled - FMIC's buyout of Jacksons would result in replacing the Japan-made models with China-made models.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X