Hi from the English Midlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from the English Midlands

Hi there, newby here - thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. I'm Kerry, from Derby in England. I play guitar in Skullfunk and organise a yearly charity mini-festival, Purplestock.

My main guitar at the moment is a (gasp!) LTD EC1000, but I've got an old bits & pieces King V which I love, and a Kelly on order from the custom shop:

Apparently since this photo was taken it's now finished... I'm waiting with bated breath to get my hands on it! It's actually due this week, but I'm not holding my breath

WAB, NB.

Fair GTWGITP, just a tip missing.

Ron will be along shortly to fix your bated breath.
    And watch out for RSmacker.
    Sick, but relatively harmless.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
      WAB, NB.

Fair GTWGITP, just a tip missing.

Ron will be along shortly to fix your bated breath.
      WAB? NB?

I *do* know GTWGITP - couldn't help that, blame Jackson

Ron?

*scratches head*

Comment

Who is the face on the paintjob? That pickup location is gonna make their schnoz look gigantic!
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Hey man, newbie here as well! My main guitar is also not a jackson but a 67' gibson V reissue but I do own a jackson kelly as well! The paint job looks real neat and interesting btw, i'd love to see what the finished product looks like, be sure to post it up when you can. Cheers man!

Comment

ELLO GUVNAH!!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It means "Welcome Aboard Newbie".

Comment

Correct salutation for a Derby resident would be 'EY UP ME DUCK'.

We Brits are firmly in the minority here, but our international board mates don't seem to have any prejudice when offering up sarcasm or piss-taking so I'm sure you'll feel at home in no time. Looking forward to seeing Kerry's Kelly when you have it in your hands..!
                http://www.mattdixon.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by skullfunkerry View Post
                  Hi there, newby here - thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. I'm Kerry, from Derby in England.
                  Oooh, from Derby you say? Hmmmm, I have a "special" friend up that way, though he's just across the M1, more Nottingham way. I offered to install him in a flat in Derby, but he called me a cockroach and said Derby was the bumhole of the country! (His post mysteriously disappeared before I had time to print it and whack off to it whilst on hold to Sky Technical Support. Shame)
                  Can't wait to see the finished Kelly...any day now?
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Welcome!!! look forward to seeing the Kelly, whats the story behind the graphic?

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                    Oooh, from Derby you say? Hmmmm, I have a "special" friend up that way
                    you never give up Smaker you're like Pepe Le Pew!!

Comment

Welcome to the monkey house!
                      I think we Brits may well be the second-most represented nation here on the JCF. It's either us or the Canadians...

Comment

Hahahaha, I have a friend who told me about this forum. I believe he may have mentioned Rsmacker too... I shall keep an eye out (not that eye, Rsmacker)

The girl on the guitar is Nina. She was my girlfriend, and she was killed in a car accident in May 2010. One of our friends made this picture of her:

So that's what's on the guitar. The pickups will be white EMGs and they'll be painted. There's more info about Nina on my site, www.purplestock.co.uk

Well, as I expected, no phone call today, so my guitar's overdue again... that's the third time now O_o
                        Last edited by skullfunkerry; 06-19-2012, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss. A very nice tribute. The painted pickups will make all the difference in the image.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

First off, a sincere welcome to the board, you have a great looking custom going there. I can't wait to see the finished product, but it has all the right makings of the perfect custom. Next, I just read your link about your girlfriend, I am truly sorry for your loss, but you are a good man doing what you are doing. The charities seem wonderful, and PurpleStock is a great way to keep her with you. I for one am glad you are here. Thanks, Kevin
                            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Great way to pay tribute to a loved one. Welcome.
                              Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                              http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X