• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Charvel and Fender necks

What are the big differences? I've come up with these:

1. Neck shape
    2. Fingerboard radius
    3. Fret size

Is there anything I've missed? I'm considering building a Fender/Charvel/Jackson mutt because Fender still sells strathead necks(obviously) [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] and Charvel does not.

Thanx a million

Thoraby

Re: Difference between Charvel and Fender necks

but the neck is why you buy Charvel, right? The shape of the headstock don't make a difference to the playability. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Re: Difference between Charvel and Fender necks

Originally posted by VitaminG:
      but the neck is why you buy Charvel, right? The shape of the headstock don't make a difference to the playability. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But I have a Fender neck which plays like buttah. The only complains I have about it is the fretboard radius and fretsize... Wait a minute, this gives me an idea!

*starts looking for "Guitar repair guide" by Dan Erlewine*

I'm gonna buy a few garage sale guitars, practice refretting and re-radiusing fretboards on them, and then do those mods to my fender neck... Or.... I have ANOTHER idea!

I'll just buy a Charvel neck [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: fixed spelling

[ August 18, 2003, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Thoraby ]

Comment

Working...
      X