Bummed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummed!

I had just missed out on a Jackson SL2H in Metallic Black at the end of January with Sweetwater so I called my "sales engineer" and ordered one. He told me they were expecting it in at the end of February. I emailed him a little after the middle of this month and he said we were on track.

I later get an email saying that that guy is gone and there's a new guy handling the deal. a couple days later an email saying it's gonna be the end of June! I don't think they placed the order - what do you guys think?

BTW...They just left a message saying they want to discuss the situation - so I'll see what's up when I call them after work. Should I have called Matts?

They are a dime a dozen on ebay.

Comment

True, but I've come down with "new guitar syndrome" mainly due to some less than stellar evilbay deals I've encountered in the past.

Comment

Could easily be back ordered that long based on the rotation of the USA production schedule.
        Last edited by Larz; 02-29-2012, 08:49 PM.
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

Thanks Larz - I'm not familiar with the USA production rotation, what is that?

Comment

I've had bad experiences with Sweetwater too.

Comment

Originally posted by G333 View Post
              Thanks Larz - I'm not familiar with the USA production rotation, what is that?
              Just that they rotate doing batches of USA select soloists and rhoads and KVs and Kelly's, etc. and then when you take into account the various colors and graphics that they produce at a certain time, it may be harder than you think to find a certain one readily available.

I remember guitar center being back ordered on a seemingly simple black soloist for several months and it took several months to get the kv2 I wanted from a dealer on this site.

Could have nothing to do with your issue though if the guy never placed the order.
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                Just that they rotate doing batches of USA select soloists and rhoads and KVs and Kelly's, etc. and then when you take into account the various colors and graphics that they produce at a certain time, it may be harder than you think to find a certain one readily available.

I remember guitar center being back ordered on a seemingly simple black soloist for several months and it took several months to get the kv2 I wanted from a dealer on this site.

Could have nothing to do with your issue though if the guy never placed the order.
                Thanks again Larz - that makes sense - I'll post a follow up once I have the details

Chief - I've only had one transaction with them and they messed up the shipping - I thought I'd give it another try and they ended up giving me an acceptable discount on this one.

Comment

Sweetwater. Usually the highest prices and the most persistent callbacks.
                  2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                  Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
                    I wish you guys could've seen the guitar store I worked at!

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
                      Tell me about it! I called there many years ago and was interested in a PRS CE, which I didn't buy, but every once in awhile I'll still get phone calls. I never answer, because I don't recognize the number, but someone always leaves a message and I never call them back.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A few years back it seemed like every GC I went into had a couple of metalic black SL2H's. The thing I noticed was the ebony didn't looks very dark. I guess the good stuff dried up, or they stopped staining it.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                          A few years back it seemed like every GC I went into had a couple of metalic black SL2H's. The thing I noticed was the ebony didn't looks very dark. I guess the good stuff dried up, or they stopped staining it.
                          Well they don't carry the new USAs in store now, has to be bought online and GC has limited finishes to offer. I had a bunch of gear I traded in couple years ago so I had the guy at GC apply it toward an SL1, but even basic black was out of stock for a few months.
                          Jackson KV2
                          Jackson KE1T
                          Jackson KE1F
                          Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                          X