Paint Codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Codes?

After a fair bit of searching around the site, I've been unable to find any info about paint codes. I have a charvel 475 deluxe that was originally Magenta. Now it's spray bomb blue and really miss the original paint scheme. Thinking of having it re-done back to original. Any Ideas as to where I could find a paint code that someone could use to duplicate the color?

A great idea that surprised I'm really took this long to be brought up. A paint code database would be benefitial to everyone here.
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Good luck with that!!!!
      Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
      http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Learn Guitars View Post
        Good luck with that!!!!
        When I noticed Mike replied to this I was expecting a scientific answer with special blends of color and paint types.

People have a hard enough time looking up serial numbers much less paint codes

Comment

True bro. One of the problems I can see is that there was such a myriad of paints used at the shop through out the years. Mostly due to the change in personnel through that time period. People have the resources they bring with them and often times influence the type of paints and processes used by the painting crew. Some of it is nitro with poly E and some of it is poly E with poly U. A guy could go crazy trying to make a log of the materials. In house painters...out of house artists. Wayyy too much time to grab that info.

If it is any consequence, an experience painter can often tell what the process used may have been. Single stage, two stage...simple base/clear with oem color. Today, you can even take a sample of paint into your paint auto store and often times have it scanned for a relatively close match.
          Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
          http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
          X