Need the assistance of the wise people on the JCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need the assistance of the wise people on the JCF

I was in a local guitar store today and came across a 12-stringer Charvel electric guitar with a surfcaster style body. It's made in Japan (still has the sticker on it) with a Ft Worth Texas neckplate no. 312XXX (i can't remember the last 3 digits). Aqua blue colour, ebony fretboard, binding, sharkfin inlays, 22/4 frets (not entirely sure), 2 single coil pickups with chrome covers, 1 vol, 1 tone, pearloid pick guard. This thing looks and feels as if it hasn't even played. Everything about the guitar is perfect. The asking price is AU $1600 which is US $1050. The guitar is in mint condition, however i still feel this is a bit steep for this sort of guitar.

Is anyone aware of what a fair asking price for a guitar like this is considering condition?

Are these still made or this a very good specimen?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Need the assistance of the wise people on the JCF

Surfcaster 12 91-95 as a Charvel, 99-01 as a Jackson.

I'm not sure about prices though..

And I don't consider myself to be that wise... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ August 08, 2003, 02:13 AM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Re: Need the assistance of the wise people on the JCF

These are all over the map, but recently they're becoming quite popular (read: going up in value). (Do a search here for Surfcaster). If you like it, snag it. For that condition, the price is very good. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
      X