Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Too cool!

Comment

Very cool Curt. Did that guitar go to Switzerland too ?

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
        Very cool Curt. Did that guitar go to Switzerland too ?
        No....
        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Never noticed the little hole before

If Robbin can be that tolerant of a custom shop error, surely we all can
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

Awesome story Curt - always look forward to reading your posts. I'm surprised Grover, being so brand-image conscious, allowed that DR to leave the shop with a hole in it. I never noticed either. Wonder if that guitar is in SoCal...

Comment

Great info and pics, Curt! Always enjoy hearing stories like this and learning more about Robbin and Warren.

Comment

Super cool story bro!!! It's always awesome when you get the "inside scoop" on what really used to go on.
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Does anyone know where Robin's guitars are today? With his family? Private collectors?

I never knew Robin, but still after all these years after his passing, he is still missed.

Comment

I believe many have been sold off, but someone here will know more...
                    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

• Originally posted by Amerturk View Post
                      Does anyone know where Robin's guitars are today? With his family? Private collectors?

I never knew Robin, but still after all these years after his passing, he is still missed.
                      Some of them are in Switzerland(including Big Red). I'm sure Curt can give you a rundown on where they are all.

Comment

• I visit Switzerland a lot and was actually just there. If I know for sure of their location, I would like to contact the owner and possibly arrange a photo op visit. If by chance the owner is on the forum, please contact me through the PM.

Comment

• Anybody know whatever happened to Rob Witte and jacksonmuseum.com ?

Comment

• Yeah, as far as I know Robert Witte still has a couple of RC's guitars. Someone(!) here has a ton of them, plus there's another couple that I know the whereabouts of.
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

• Thanks for the cool stories!!

Comment

• Hellraiser how come you had to pull all your pics dare I ask????

Emerald
                                http://www.treblebooster.net/bolin.html
                                http://www.vintagewashburn.com/Elect...veStevens.html
                                http://www.garymoorefc.com/guitars_heritage
                                http://www.garymoorefc.com/guitars_hamer

Comment

Working...
                                X