Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best thread ever material, here...

Comment

VERY COOL. the bullseye looks good like that.

Comment

thats why i love this site. shit like that.... thanks for sharing. reminds me there are diamonds out there waiting to be found......

Comment

hopefully he used gaffer's tape on a rented guitar.......

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
            VERY COOL. the bullseye looks good like that.
            Originally posted by pickford1625 View Post
            hopefully he used gaffer's tape on a rented guitar.......
            Electrical tape actually!
            Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Another great story Kurt...!

Comment

So many "Loaned to George Lynch" stories seem to end with "Never to be seen again."
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Hands down, best thread to date!

Comment

I guess this would be a good time to post the video pics I put in a thread in the "Charvel USA" section:

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
                      By early 1983 RATT had become a massive local phenomenon in Los Angeles.
                      They were getting lots of airplay up here in the Bay Area, but they rarely came up around my neighborhood and when they did, they'd always be sold out. I never managed to see them early on because I was mostly a pay-at-the-door kid back then. When their first video came out, even though Motley Crue was like huge up here and more famous across the country, RATT kinda shot past them, at least with all the people I knew.

Thanks for sharing the story, awesome stuff!
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Fucking Aye, GREAT read Kurt!!!.... Looking forward to Part II!!
                        All hail the 'King'
                        R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Awesome story!
                          "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Recommend this be "sticky'd" to the top of the forum.
                            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Charvel should be publishing this material in print Ad's/You Tube video's. You can not buy this kind of branding....

Comment

Incredible! Amazing how all of these individual circumstances and events led up to the "perfect storm", if you will (I know, that's a negative - can't think of the positive term at the moment, but you get what I mean). The odds of C/J being produced in the same area as all of these bands, at the same time. Amazing stuff. Thank you for documenting so much of a musically historic event Kurt! You really should be a freelance writer for an industry mag. Some of the hacks they have writing now (i.e. Rolling Stone-d) are just not that interesting or provocative to lure a reader in like you have with your RC journals and this C/J history. Very, very cool. Also, Robbin's shirt in that last photo looks an awful lot like another Charvel graphic I love. Coincidence? Maybe the Rising Sun graphic was out already, nevermind.
                                Last edited by AIC70; 03-03-2013, 04:23 PM. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Working...
                                X