Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the japanese Jackson guitars discontinued in Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the japanese Jackson guitars discontinued in Europe?

Hello, I have a question, and I know that this will probably label me as a kind of stupid but nevertheless, I was wondering if the Japanese made Jackson guitars are discontinued in Europe. The only Japanese made guitars that are listed on Jacksons website for me are DK2, DK2T and RR3 (only with a few color options though) and a few weeks ago there was alot more, RR24, KV5, RR5 and SL3MG.

I love my new indian made X series guitar but it would be nice to know that Jackson offers a higher end line of guitars other than the USA select series if in case I would buy a new guitar.

I live in Sweden and a few years ago all the ESP and LTD guitars stopped beeing imported, maybe the same thing with Jackson? But then why would their USA and X series be listed? The retailers I've checked do have the Japanese models listed but most of them are out of stock and that leads be to belive that they might have had a stock clearance and forgot to update their websites.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I'd pick up the phone and make some calls to retailers.

Comment

Sadly, Chushin Musical Instruments (who build Japanese Jackson guitars) went out of business last month.

I think Jackson has no guitar build company in Japan now.

Comment

Originally posted by DM010 View Post
        Sadly, Chushin Musical Instruments (who build Japanese Jackson guitars) went out of business last month.

That's terrible news!
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

This is HUGE news!!! WTF am I gonna buy now?!?!? Does this need it's own thread?
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

that sucks i hope they revamp the pro series

Comment

I have serious trust issues. They've been made by Chushin since the beginning. I'm extremely frantic at the moment.
              "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

That sucks, well do you guys think they are looking for another Japanese/korean (or European) manufacturer? Are/was the Charvel Pro mods also made by Chushin? Because I love those guitars to and it would be a shame if that many great guitars went of the market.

Comment

Simon Email Fender Scandinavia and ask them.

Comment

I wasnt able to find any info on this, do you happen to have any details or links? If this is true, this is truly terrible news. Chushin made some of the best guitars in the world outside of the USA, it would be a damn shame to see them go out of business.
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

After doing some research on the subject this morning, it seems that perhaps the plant closings are due to power shortages throughout Japan after the natural disasters there. This has closed many auto-maker and chip-producing plants so it makes sense it could also effect Chushin Musical Instruments Mfg. Inc. as well. What this means in the long run is anyone's guess. Perhaps after things are returned to some resemblance of normal as far as cleanup and restoration of power, maybe the plant could be reopened and production resumed. On a positive note, the current state of things there seems to have reduced production of the Prius.
                      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                        If this is true, this is truly terrible news. Chushin made some of the best guitars in the world outside of the USA, it would be a damn shame to see them go out of business.
                        Agreed, I just hope its a temporary closing.
                        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

No way....*dies*

Comment

Strange, since Chushin is still shipping guitars to Jackson...
                            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

A webcam captured this grainy image of the Chushin factory. This might explain things...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X