Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too many similar colored guitars - ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many similar colored guitars - ideas?

For some reason I have a buttload of black guitars with rosewood fretboards and black hardware:

1986 Model 4
    Peavey Nitro (1 hum with Kahler Killer bridge) - I actually have 2 identical but one has headstock and body wood issues. Only off on the serial number by 10 digits.
    Charvel Model 6
    DXMG

Since the Model 4 is in pieces, I'm thinking of going with gold hardware. Just wondering if this sounds like a good idea. Already sourced most of the parts.
    The Model 6 is great and I don't want to mess with that.
    The Peavey Nitro could use some flashing up. Open to ideas. I was thinking a Nuclear Warning circle in bright yellow?
    The DXMG - Skulls and Crossbones?

Originally posted by DonP View Post
    For some reason I have a buttload of black guitars with rosewood fretboards and black hardware:
    You say that like it's a bad thing. :P
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

90% of the time, I'm not a fan of gold hardware (I think the Jackson PC-1 pulls it off nicely, as a rarity). Black on black or chrome on black IMHO.

Comment

Krylon!
        Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Get black guitars with ebony for a total change up.
          Jackson KV2
          Jackson KE1T
          Jackson KE1F
          Jackson SL1

Comment

Black guitar with black hardware, black binding and ebony fretboard. Call it, "Smell the Glove."

Comment

Black Body, Ebony Neck, Black Hardware, Black Inlays, Black Strings and Black Binding.

Edit: didn't see that last post well I added black strings and inlays
              sigpic
              Action Jackson

Comment

Perhaps a cockdragon tribute?

Comment

gold on black sounds good to me.

You could break things up with a zebra humbucker or two too
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    You could break things up with a zebra humbucker or two too

Aye! Hath thee considered pickup rings o' chrome? Quite striking art they, on an axe o' black!

This post now concludeth!
                    WITNESS YE TALES OF THIS VERY KNIGHT IN METALLIC, CINEMATIC GLORY!
                    http://www.heavymetalsuperstar.com

Comment

well, gold usually looks good on black but for the model 4 don't get the cheap licensed gold floyd. those gold color are usually gaudy looking gold. the original floyd gold is usually a bid duller, especially a used one, which is better in my opinion. the bling bling gold ones look cheap and gaudy.

on a separate note. i have a similar problem... except my guitars are white.

Comment

Originally posted by moku View Post
                        well, gold usually looks good on black but for the model 4 don't get the cheap licensed gold floyd. those gold color are usually gaudy looking gold. the original floyd gold is usually a bid duller, especially a used one, which is better in my opinion. the bling bling gold ones look cheap and gaudy.

on a separate note. i have a similar problem... except my guitars are white.
                        We should trade

It's an 86 Model 4, so Kahler. I've already gotten the Kahler and it isn't that heavy yellow bling. It's a very old Kahler (not even stamped) and the design has a couple of small differences, but I'm positive it's not an copy and that it is one of the earliest Kahlers.

I think I know what you mean about the gold. My gold conversion of a Purple DK2 looks a little "bling".

Comment

Working...
                        X