Jackson Clone ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Clone ??

Thought you guys might find this interesting : http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparisondesigner'snote.html

Go about halfway down the page, and look at the Pete Lesperance Model. The body rout looks similar to an 88 LTD to me, and the heel looks like a bolt on Charvel, though I am not as familiar with some of the Jackson stuff as you guys are.
    Don't get me wrong - I own a Caparison, and it is the closest thing to my soloists that I have ever played. The craftsmanship is excellent.
    Also, I believe this was the company that did the Doug Aldrich Jackson models?
    If anyone has info on where to get one of those, please let me know. I'll be acquiring am 88 LTD, and if the scalloping agrees with me, I want to try to track down a Doug Aldrich model.

Re: Jackson Clone ??

Wow, funny that you should mention that Pete Lesperance model. I saw that a few days ago, and my GAS is starting to flare up. Good thing Caparisons aren't readily available in the USA, or I'd probably do something stupid.

I do keep hoping someone will come up with the full story on the relationship between Jackson and Caparison...
    sigpic

Comment

I lucked out on mine - eBay - a guy from Canada. Decent price too.
      I only learned of them when I got to play an Evergrey signature model at Progpower. Very good guitars.

Comment

The Killswitch Engage guys were using these on their recent tour of the UK, to be honest they looked and sounded killer, would really like one [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Too much hastle translating all that Japanese though [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Steve

Comment

They are great guitars. I have seen Evergrey twice since they have been playing Caparison, and they get a GREAT guitar tone.
          They get a great tone on CD as well.... but they used a Triaxis on the latest CD, so how could you expect otherwise? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          If I ever decide to get rid of mine, I'll probably post here in the classifieds, as well as harmony central before I go on eBay.
          I defintely recommend picking one up if you stumble across it....

Comment

I've not tried that brand because I have not come across any of them here in the US. They do sound good though, but I hate that headstock.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Yeah Ive like em since I saw Christopher Amott's when Arch Enemy were here last Christmas. Theres some serious hero-worship going on towards that guy on my behalf lol [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Jamesy

Comment

Apple Horn!

I've been wanting to try one for a couple of years now, but have yet to see one up close to do so. They definitely have some nice finishes, and I particularly like their Horus-1 and Horus-3 finishes, as well as "Snow Cloud."

http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison%20graphics.html

[ August 07, 2003, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Sephiroth ]

Comment

I do like that Schaller 458 fixed bridge. Anybody have a larger pic and info on that bridge?
                  KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                  I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                  X