Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some extra new Scott Ian Soloist models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some extra new Scott Ian Soloist models?

Does anyone have more info on this? Scott talks about two more models coming out (one with the pentagram/USA flag logo and the one at the end):

I like that flag graphic. The inlays not so much.

Comment

I'd say they may unveil it at NAMM in January. I'm hoping they unveil that and Corey Beaulieu's new V.

Comment

I wonder if it comes with all the Floyd upgrades and the trem stop/block (is that a tremel-no?) I like it, except the inlays.
        "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Cool clip, thanks for sharing. I already said it but I'll say it again, someone at Fender/Jackson needs wake up and give Rob Caggiano a guitar.

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
          I wonder if it comes with all the Floyd upgrades and the trem stop/block (is that a tremel-no?) I like it, except the inlays.
          Not a tremol-no (Own 2 and these are serious POS) but a basic tremolo stopper similar to this:

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

tremol-no's are pieces of shit? I just put one on my Broderick 7 and so far it's been perfect. What exactly are your problems with it?
            2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
            Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

I got 2... One that I installed. Tought I had installed it badly so I went and paid a reknown local tech to do the other one to compare. Not much luck.

They don't hold. Period.

The lil' screws in the back always get loose. If you move around with your guitar, they'll scratch on your clothes/belly, unscrew and fall. If you set the Tremol-No as "dive only" it's even worst. A couple of push on the bar and they get loose when the device gets back and it the block that breaks the cylinder.

I was hoping this device to be the "be all end all". Cool when playing in the basement but "live" they are not reliable enough.

Worst piece of gear I have bought.

Glad it's working for you. But for me, it's not.
              JB aka BenoA

Comment

I am only using it to lock it down completely and I use all three thumb screws and it seems to be holding just fine so far (still want the option of the tremelo on the rare occasion I might need it). I believe the including allen wrench screws are made to hold tighter and they won't stick out as far as the thumb screws and rub against you. Have you tried those? So you are leaving your cover off too?
                2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Cover could not be put back, so yes it's off.

Haven't tried the "allen screws", don't remember that they were included when I bought my Tremol-No but will look in my part bin tomorrow.

My goal was to be able to move to drop-d quickly and when I saw the videos, tought the idea was genious. The "allen screws" may work but will remove the easy to move from locked completely to dive frenzy. It's faster with 2 guitars!

BTW I think we hijacked the original thread!
                  JB aka BenoA

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                    Cover could not be put back, so yes it's off.

Haven't tried the "allen screws", don't remember that they were included when I bought my Tremol-No but will look in my part bin tomorrow.

My goal was to be able to move to drop-d quickly and when I saw the videos, tought the idea was genious. The "allen screws" may work but will remove the easy to move from locked completely to dive frenzy. It's faster with 2 guitars!

BTW I think we hijacked the original thread!
                    If they weren't included the inventor will send you some free of charge from what I have read.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
                      I'd say they may unveil it at NAMM in January. I'm hoping they unveil that and Corey Beaulieu's new V.
                      Probably with a silver burst like the current Scott Ian model. At least I saw him in the video with one. I don't like that colour.

Comment

Working...
                      X