lets talk size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets talk size

I read on a post by a admin I think his username is toejam that before the king v we know now there was another v from when jackson first down sized the double rhoads that is bigger than a modern king v if anyone knows the time period in which these kv's were made or if you have a pic comparing it one to a modern kv please reply
    Last edited by eippihrellik; 11-02-2011, 02:26 PM.

You really have a thing about the size of King V's dont you?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I think so. Small, medium or large... I think Dave Mustaine might have played the medium size at one time before it was downsized. No clue where to find pics.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dave Mustaine circa 1994..displaying a set of large pointys!!
        Last edited by horns666; 11-02-2011, 03:39 PM.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

...ohhhhhh Jeeeeez tit fuggin' chriiiiiiiist!

1994 wasn't a good year for MegaDave..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by eippihrellik View Post
            I read on a post by a admin I think his username is toejam that before the king v we know now there was another v from when jackson first down sized the double rhoads that is bigger than a modern king v if anyone knows the time period in which these kv's were made or if you have a pic comparing it one to a modern kv please reply
            Dude, punctuation, please!
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

A friend just told me about these jackson kv's made in the 80's called student king v's anyone know any thing about these guitars if they are what I'm looking for

Comment

The Student models were just less expensive USA models... rosewood boards with dot inlays, compared to the custom models with binding and sharkfins on ebony boards.

Comment

There is only one response I could think of to the pic BillZ posted.

Comment

Haven't seen that clip in awhile. Titties like a woman...

Comment

Joe, don't you have that graphic that compares the KV or RR sizes? Or was that Newc?
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The KV to DR? I had that:

Double Rhoads on bottom, KV on top

Comment

Charvel750 has a pic of Big Red next to a KV1 I think.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Joe, don't you have that graphic that compares the KV or RR sizes? Or was that Newc?
                            Someone here traced them (can't remember who), but I did save a copy. There's no Double Rhoads, though.

Comment

Didn't RR0849 do that? (he has the Chris Holmes Zebra RR)
                              "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Working...
                              X