No announcement yet.

Where to buy a simple truss rod cover.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy a simple truss rod cover.

A standard truss rod cover for a Jackson with a floyd. I lost the one for my Charvette and want to find just a simple replacement. I have looked on Ebay but I don't/won't have a paypal account and what I found on Fretsonthenet were a bit more than I really want. Any ideas?
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Ebay and fretsonthenet were going to be my suggestions. Maybe try stew mac.

Comment

Here's the link for Frets on the Net:

http://www.fretsonthenet.com/

Run by Dave, a JCFer, so definitely recommended.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I take it that's it huh? Thanks guys.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
          what I found on Fretsonthenet were a bit more than I really want. Any ideas?
          Whoops, missed that you visited there already. 7 bucks is killin' ya, huh?

Comment

One important thing to factor in about fretsonthenet: Dave charges actual shipping, whereas most anywhere else you buy online is going to charge out the ass, possibly as much as the price of the cover itself.

Comment

I got a few ordered in through a local guitar shop, although i can definitely second frets on the net, served me very well over the last few years. is it just a standard bwb Jackson truss cover your after? I can have a word see if anyone this way has one - im sure we were only paying £2.50 each for them a few years ago!
              "If I'm in A-B and your in E-e on the 3rd fret, little string, while I'm back here, on the 7th fret big A... are we in tune?"

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Whoops, missed that you visited there already. 7 bucks is killin' ya, huh?
                Nope the paypal. I have terrible luck doing the E-mail thing but will give it a shot. It's not like I will be out much.
                Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 08-27-2011, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Ah yes, I hate Paypal myself; don't use it anymore. Ask Dave if you can write a check!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Ah yes, I hate Paypal myself; don't use it anymore. Ask Dave if you can write a check!
                    Or a USPS money order. He has in the past, taken a USPS money order from me before I had my Paypal account.
                    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Another vote for Dave and Frets On the Net. He'll work with you.

Comment

Dave is awesome, he's made me a couple custom parts and some truss rod covers. He's always been willing to take money orders in the past so I'd say go with him. He's cool and his work is top notch! in fact i need to look into a couple more pieces and parts from him soon
                        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

dave (from frets on the net) takes paypal, postal money order, and cashier's check, but not personal checks. i just order a white TRC for my charvel spectrum. there are some cheap 1-ply TRC on ebay (for under $4) but you'll have to have paypal. the ones that dave makes are 3-ply w/ beveled edges--just like the original charvel/jackson ones.

i mean, if you don't want to pay $7 plus shipping then the other option is make one yourself (if you're good with tools). but you'll have to figure in the labor and material, etc... in the end it's just more economical to buy one from dave.

Comment

Can he make a custom TRD for a USA Jackson? I was thinking a certain Jackson I have would look great with a MOP TRD but someone mentioned there is a slight curvature of the headstock surface of a Jackson and the TRD would flex subtly. Is this true? I never noticed that.
                            2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                            Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

If you dont care that it has a different model name on it pm me ur addy and ill send you one. Im sure i got one in the ol box o parts

Comment

Working...
                              X