• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this one????

Nagel?

Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Mime rape?

It's not a Nagel, that much I know for real. It's a pretty abstract illustration.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Ugly, hideous, repugnant, thats what it is.
      HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        Mime rape?

It's not a Nagel, that much I know for real. It's a pretty abstract illustration.
        I've seen similliar graphic styles in Nagels work before, however there's normally a sexier aspect to the women then presented here....
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Deco Dream.

I have this on an RR. Is that one around 1990 as well?

My face is more attractive than that one, I have seen 1 other on a soloist that was better than that one too.

Is that for sale?

http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content...am-446x600.jpg
          Last edited by bratfink; 08-26-2011, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Maybe on the face itself but you usually don't get the 3D geometric shapes and space bits in Nagel art.

http://decoymagazine.blogspot.com/20...fluential.html
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

you can see some similliaraities, however his woman appear to have a 'sexier' depiction than this androgenous women eating poo(sorry CM25, nothing against you)....
              Last edited by Jayster; 08-26-2011, 12:41 PM.
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

That same guitar (or another Soloist with the same finish) was actually the first Jackson i saw in a book about guitars i bought when i was around 10 or 11. The headstock really stuck in my head and is probably the reason why i love Jacksons till this day.
                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Get me is Im wrong, but it does look like its painted over the "space" paint job?

And although it does look Patrick Nagel inspired, there is several oddities. I never seen Nagels work with such prominent angular browline, or eye makeup. Geometry of course. Since it looks like its over a space background it might be a montage of Jackson artwork?
                  Last edited by Mindstein; 08-26-2011, 01:49 PM.

Comment

its at a guitar center for like 899 right now, I called and when they described it I thought nagel, but its obviously not. I know I have seen this graphic before, but its just too much of an art deco on an acid trip while eating roofies type of look for me.
                    Haters gonna hate

Comment

I used to have Deco Dreams on a 91 fusion.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	051.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	2445580

They all varied a bit from artist to artist (like most of the old graphics), but I think they all had the space stuff on the top horn.

Comment

Get me is Im wrong, but it does look like its painted over the "space" paint job?
                        sure does except for the 87's had the space paint extending to the hs

and with those brown knobs ....it does look like she is eating poo
                        Last edited by len; 08-26-2011, 02:59 PM.
                        “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Looks more like round caramels to me, but I can see the mind taking it there.
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

If it was a nagel it would have been mine. I couldnt get into it for what it is, and im not gonna attempt to try and love it because it would end up on ebay, and in the condition its in its priced about right at best.
                            Haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post

you can see some similliaraities, however his woman appear to have a 'sexier' depiction than this androgenous women eating poo(sorry CM25, nothing against you)....
                              Funny, the second to last pic is a test illustration that I did for a Nagel project.

Sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X