Identification confirmation and some general advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification confirmation and some general advice

Hello, I'm a bit lost in the world of jackson pro's..
    as I recon this guitar is a dinky Ar? Is this the same thing as an Archtop?
    What value would you guys give one of these? Serial number is 214122, does that mean it's made in 92 perhaps?
    Is there anything I should pay special attention to if I decide to try it out? Some of the parts more prone to wear and tear?
    Really.. any help would be just wonderful
    Last edited by gigaklatch; 08-25-2011, 02:46 AM.

It's definitely a guitar.

Comment

I don't think it's a 92. Is the serial number a sticker on the back of the head or on the neckplate? They sort of "reset" the serial scheme when they went to sticker serials; I've got a mid-90s neck with a J+6 serial sticker, which would normally have been a neckthrough serial number.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That looks like a Performer model, not a Professional.
        Does it have an arched top? Can you get any close up pictures of the headstock and the Floyd Rose trem?
        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
          That looks like a Performer model, not a Professional.
          Does it have an arched top? Can you get any close up pictures of the headstock and the Floyd Rose trem?
          These are the pictures available of this specific guitar at the moment:

It clearly says "professional" on the headstock, I'd say we can rule out the possibilty of it being a Performer model?
          And as well.. to my untrained eye it looks really similiar if not exactly the same as the dinky ar in this scan from the '92 catalogue

And regarding the whereabouts of the serial number I must admit I don't know where it is, but its described as being "...on the back of the guitar..."
          Last edited by gigaklatch; 08-25-2011, 02:47 AM.

Comment

It should be on the neck plate.
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Yep, that's a professional alright.
              It was mostly the Performers (and a few Fusion Pro models) that had those offset dots.
              Unfortunately, my ID skills are limited at best when comes to archtop guitars.

I'm with ya though. Looks like the Dinky AR Archtop Pro to me too.
              My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Comment

GTWFITS!! Sorry, couldnt help myself.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                  GTWFITS!! Sorry, couldnt help myself.
                  I'm not sure I want to know what that "F" stands for....
                  They aren't his pics and the pic in the first post meets your requirements, Mr. Twitch.

Comment

GTW Fail! ITS Twitchie!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Female, and so, he can request one with the whole female in the shot. By the look of the hand, sure, looks like she may be a more round female, but thats not necessarily a bad thing in my book, but Id have to see the whole female before I could make a yay or nay call. Sue me, Im a guy.
                      Last edited by Twitch; 08-24-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Are you SURE it's a female?
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                          Are you SURE it's a female?
                          Judging by the nails, and the bracelet and the articulation of the thumb joint and the fair skin, relatively sure. Ok, so theres evidence even here on the board that that may not be the case, but lets not go there, dont want to offend anyone or get banned. Lets just assume it is a female until we get a whole shot of the female.
                          Last edited by Twitch; 08-24-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Well, unti that time, Twitch m'boy, maybe this will tide you over

Click image for larger version

Name:	LorraineRR.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	2445577

(I didn't get her legs in the shot, sue me)
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
                              Yep, that's a professional alright.
                              It was mostly the Performers (and a few Fusion Pro models) that had those offset dots.
                              Unfortunately, my ID skills are limited at best when comes to archtop guitars.

I'm with ya though. Looks like the Dinky AR Archtop Pro to me too.
                              Thanks a bunch! I might just go have a look at the guitar next week or so
                              And as for Twitch.. Pull yourself together! :P

Comment

Working...
                              X