No announcement yet.

Jackson/Charvel Reissues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see it ever happening. While I'm not going as far as to say that this forum represents the majority of J/C fans worldwide, most of the regulars here would still prefer an MIJ Charvel that is 20+ years old to a new guitar that would cost the same as the originals did back then, knowing that they'd be made in India, Korea or more realistically China. Hell, with the exception of two DK2Ms bought new over the past several years, all of my Jacksons are 15+ years old because nothing built since then is any nicer than what I already have. I know that's true of many others here on the JCF, as well as on other forums.

As I see it, Jackson has once again been designated the "pointy" brand while Charvel is reserved almost exclusively for Strat and (now) LP styles. Rather than putting resources into reissuing toothpaste logo Charvels, they should focus on ensuring that the current Pro series competes with the MIJ Ibanez and ESP lines rather than catering to the lowest common denominator ala Schecter, Dean and LTD imports. Let the MII X-series occupy that market segment for "pointy" fans and see how the Charvel Desolation line does for those who prefer a blinged-out LP or PRS clone.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X