My Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Jackson

Hi. I'm new here. I have a Jackson guitar but not sure which one it is. I will be posting a pic later today for it was being repaired over the week due to the electronics going out. I got the guitar used but I loved it anyway. It has scratches here and there but I think the scratches gives the guitar character. Me and a buddy of mine are forming a metal band and the Jackson will be my main guitar. I have 2 Schecters, a Dean, and a Cruzer Crafter guitar also. Here is a pic of my Jackson. Hope you like it. What Jackson model is this because I'm not finding it on the Jackson site anymore. Is it discontinued? If you can't see, it has Japanese kanji on the body. Sounds way better now by the way especially with the new strings. Ernie Ball 9's coated.

Last edited by guitarshredder87; 08-06-2011, 02:20 PM.

Well, it looks like a DK2. It's a bolt on, right? Can you post the serial #? (Why don't newbs do that?)

Maybe a better pic of the bridge.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sorry. I didn't think to post the serial number. It is a bolt on neck though. And I'm not a newb to forums. Its a Jackson Floyd Rose bridge. By the way, for tuning, do I have to use the fine tuners or can I still use the headstock ones? I really only do drop d or standard tuning. I was told to use the bridge tuners always.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarshredder87 View Post
        Sorry. I didn't think to post the serial number. It is a bolt on neck though. And I'm not a newb to forums. Its a Jackson Floyd Rose bridge. By the way, for tuning, do I have to use the fine tuners or can I still use the headstock ones? I really only do drop d or standard tuning. I was told to use the bridge tuners always.
        Yeah, it looks like a DK2. Chrome hardware, so that puts it pre-2006. I think I have seen some in that finish before, but it's not common. There are guys on here who could probably tell you the exact year if you gave them the serial number.

As for the tuners, when your nut is locked down, the headstock tuners won't affect the tuning any more. The fine tuners on the bridge have a fairly limited range. If you're just slightly out of tune, then use the fine tuners on the bridge. If you're making a bigger tuning change, unlock the nut, and make sure that the fine tuners are in the middle of their range, then retune at the headstock. Lock the nut. That will affect the tuning slightly, then compensate with the fine tuners.
        I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

@Cat. I thought so. I had a buddy say the same thing. My local shop obviously don't know everything about Floyds. Oh and it seems my Jackson don't have a serial number but it only says made in Japan on a sticker on the back of the neck. Kinda odd for a guitar not to have a serial number. Still place nicely though for being as old as the guitar is. And if it is a DK2 then I scored big because those are usually way expensive guitars. Sorry that I can't help you guys with the serial number though. And as said before I only play in drop d tuning. (D-e).

Comment

It's definitely a DK2 but don't feel bad the DK2's (back when they were reasonably priced) are very good guitars for the money, and yours is a really nice one.

Comment

Kinda odd for a guitar not to have a serial number.
              Should be on the neckplate.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My local shop obviously don't know everything about Floyds.
                if they don't know something as basic as that, keep your guitar as far away from that place as possible

Might as well start learning to DIY with the help of a few YT videos on how to set up a floyd
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

The rosewood fretboard and Kanji gave it away as a DK2 Hot Rod Flames model.

I had one when they were new. Nice guitar, but as with all Jackson Professional bolt-ons, it has the wrong neck. Put a bolt-on neck from any other 24 fret Jackson model (except the Dinky Rev with the wider board and offset dots) and it'll play tons better.

And Drop D tuning is when only the low E (6th string) is detuned to D. If you're tuning the whole guitar down for modern Metal, it's not Drop D. It's full-step down.

You'll have to adjust the bridge as you detune.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

@Racer. The neck plate is blank though, no writing on it. @Newc. I only play in drop d or standard tuning like I said. Some modern metal is played in drop d though. Sorry again for not having much info on my guitar. I would like to get a newer DK2 model if they weren't so expensive.

Comment

Working...
                    X