Jackson warranty question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson warranty question

I sent in my SL2MAH last October and I was wondering if anyone here has a guess as to when I might get it back. I sent one in with a twisted neck a few years ago and I got it back in about 3 months, does it take longer now? Thanks.
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Is that the one with the Iron Cross inlays?

Comment

No, a regular sl2MAH.
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

With the way they have been back ordered with custom shop guitars and, from what I hear, even making and getting USA Select guitars lately, I would not be surprised it would take a lot longer for them to fix with the way the company has been back ordered. I would at least send the an email or give them a call about it. Annoy them just a little bit and I believe they will take the hint and start working on it more.

Comment

Last October? Oh, fuck that. I'd be pissed.

I've got a custom shop Soloist in there for repair currently. They opted to build me a new one, which is nice don't get me wrong, but this wait is killing me. It's been there for a little over 5 months now, and they're a little over halfway apparently according to Fender. Meh, waiting a full year for it to be built, then having it for 5 1/2 months before the neck warps, and now having waited an additional 5 months I'm.... a bit more than annoyed.

Comment

I hear ya, I'm not pissed because they said it could take as long as July. Now that we are into August I figured I'd ask, sorry about your CS order, what a drag.

Comment

I went outside this morning to take the cover off my Ducati and low and behold there was a Jackson box on the steps! After a long wait I now have my sl2mah and it's perfect It must have needed a lot of work, evaluation (from Jackson): Warped at scarf joint/needs to be replaced. Repair comments: Replaced body core. I am very happy with the repair and I will give it a full workout at the gig this weekend! This is my second major warranty repair from Jackson and both were done very well, thanks to all involved and to the tech Kyle McMillin for the nice work

Comment

Seems like it would be easier and faster for them just to give you a whole new guitar.
                2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Chances are he did get a whole new guitar. When I sent in the Chlorine SL2H #1 for repair, it was not repairable... when I called to check the status, I was told that they had it listed as needing a new core. When I recieved the guitar, it was 100% new right down to the hardware. The problem seems to be that they only build certain guitars in cycles... so most likley they had to wait until they started a new batch of the MAH series.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/lo+and+behold
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X