No announcement yet.

Jackson neck real or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah from my research SOME of the early JS series, and then only SOME of the those ones, which featured close (Charvel Style) 12th fret dot inlays, had a 2 and 3/16" neck heel. Its something to do with Indian production around a certain time frame (Circa 2000 as I said I think).

If you look up a bog standard JS, it will have wide spaced 12th fret inlays, I know for sure that all of those ones are 3 and a quarter Jackson standard.

I think the 3/16" thing was just a temporary Jackson quirk for some reason. They are really supposed to be entry level guitars anyhow. Maybe it was a deliberate decision, maybe India didn't have the 2 and a quarter templates at that time, or maybe it slipped past upper management. It will remain an enigma!
    You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Powerglide. Ginsambo..... Holmes fans huh? Stay tuned tonight for a cool thread in the jackson usa section .

But the neck looks like a legit js series to me. I've had bolt on necks with nothing stamped in the heel part either. So dont worry about it.could be your flash making it matte looking.
      Last edited by Corpsegrinder88; 07-30-2011, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
        SEE! You non-believers! It does exist!

The 2 and 3/16" Jackson neck heel holy grail!

(Been on a goose chase for a 3/16" Jackson neck for a month or more now! )

I have 2 Dimas era jackson replacement necks 2 3/16" at the heal. 1 logo'd pointy thats legit and has MIKE ELDREDs stamp on it, the other is a strat headstock w no markings. ive been looking for a proper bodies for them for the past 5/6 yrs. .

Comment

Working...
        X