Need help IDing a Jackson.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help IDing a Jackson.

I have a RR V styled Jackson I purchased about 6-7 years ago. The shop I bought it from can't tell me what model it is even though I still had the tags and everything. I emailed Jackson, got a reply back from Fender (I had a good laugh at this), and they told me to come here. Hopefully someone here will be able piece it together.

Serial # 99010038
    RR V Style
    3 Way Switch
    1 Volume Knob
    Originally had 2 uncovered black Humbuckers, have since swapped them out.
    Dot style fret inlays.
    Floyd Licensed Trem (single locking I believe, am about to swap it out since part of it is broken)

I'm at work right now and don't have access to any pictures, but I can try and get some uploaded later if need be.

Thanks for any help!

[Edit for trem type]
    Last edited by StereoKillz; 07-25-2011, 12:44 PM.

Sounds like an RX10D that had a neck swap.
    -Rick

Comment

It has the original neck, I purchased it new.
      IIRC it was probably around $350-$400.

Comment

Bolt on or neck through? Number of frets? Pics would be the most useful.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Found a (bad) picture on the net that looks just like it, save body color. I even have what looks to be the same hard case.

Mine has a bolt on neck with 22 frets.

Comment

I have a hunch, measure the width of the fretboard 22nd fret - I know I am gonna sound like a broken record but is it 2 3/16" or 2 1/4"? perhaps it's a limited period, Indian production model produced late '90s to 2002 or so.
            You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Did any Jackson/Charvel RR model come with a non locking floyd other than the Avenger?

Comment

Sorry Carbuff, I misspoke. It is a single locking trem. Originally I had meant it was not a double locking one.

ginsambo, I'll measure it tonight when I'm at home.

Comment

Is it rear loaded or does it have the plate on top? Also, to me single locking means that the nut has a stringlock but the trem itself is non locking. Doub le locking to me means that the nut has a lock and the trem locks the strings too. So, is the trem one of those that the strings feed through hollow tubes under the fine tuners? Or is it the normal way where you have to lock the bare string end in the clamps?
                  Last edited by Carbuff; 07-25-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

By rear loaded, I assume you mean for the electronics cavity. Yes, rear loaded.

You and I have the same definition for single/double locking. It only locks at the nut.

The trem does feed though the hollow tubes underneath the fine tuners. Non-locking at the bridge.

Comment

Okay, that makes sense. I just didnt know that Jackson ever put one of those "speedloader" (I know its not really) trems on a guitar in the last 10 years. If it was aftermarket then I figured it wouldnt be heplful in trying to ID the guitar. Does it say Jackson on the trem?

Comment

I'll check when I get home, I'm actually swapping out the trem sometime this week because the part that the arm screws into came un-welded. I'm pretty sure it does not say Jackson, but something along the lines of "Floyd Rose Licensed".

Comment

This is the first model that came to my mind.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Rhoads-E...item19c76b7422

I have this same guitar but it was easier to find it then to post a pic myself. Does it say professional on the headstock? And mine has the big wood sided case not the big plastic skb type. Also along the way there were some oddball special run imports made for MF, GC, or Sam Ash that arent in any catalogs, and they tend to have odd hardware specs or were made in India with cheap hardware.
                          Last edited by Carbuff; 07-25-2011, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Nope, headstock only has the Jackson logo on it, nothing else.
                            Case that came with it is the big plastic type says Charvel/Jackson.

Comment

The parts don't add up.
                              Jackson hasn't used a single locking setup since the early 90's.
                              Even the crappy unbranded JT-500's are still double locking.

The only rear loaded V's with a floyd, single volume knob (I assume no tone knob) and a 3 way is the X series.
                              The JS series from that era didn't have floyds, licensed or otherwise.
                              -Rick

Comment

Working...
                              X