Kelly's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kelly\'s

What would you print them ON, and how would you STICK them on? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Curious cuz I thought about doing something similar to a PS6T.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

WalMart has some Do-It-Yourself Bumper Sticker paper for PCs - fairly thick stuff so you can put it on and take it off again.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What color, white?

Then you have to cut them out in sharkfin-shaped pcs yourself...? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Yup, white. And I'm making sharkfin templates right now and will upload them. They're kinda rough on the edges and you'll have to trim them smooth - I made them from closeups of my Dragon Dinky's ebony fins (photo, select the fin, paint it black - nothing extremely tedious). From a distance they'll look ok [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Pink Ziggies! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ok, time for a new set of ink cartridges [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] These are supposed to be red but they came out Hot Pink [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I tried black fins first and they came out Navy Blue (if only I had a blue guitar with a maple board... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Anyway, here's the template with all the fins (in black). If you want another color, open the pic in an image editor and select all the white, invert the selection (so only the fins are selected) and use a paint fill on it. I almost printed out lime green inlays [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You may also notice the silver dots on the neck - if you can get something to cover black dot inlays and match the fretboard's color, it should look nearly perfect. I didn't have anything to color-match the board [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

p.s. You will need these three very important items:
              -A sharp pair of scissors or an Exacto knife.
              -Some length to your thumbnail/fingernails for peeling the sticker off the backing sheet.
              -Lots of patience, as the smaller stickers are a pain in the ass to peel off the backing sheet, and you could inadvertantly scrape off the ink. I do not recommend any caffeinated beverage just prior to starting this [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

In your Printer options, select 100% scale (do not check the "Scale To Fit" box) and make sure your print resolution is set to 144 DPI. For black fins, choose Greyscale printing, Best Quality, and standard paper. You can probably get 4 sets per sheet if you print 2 in Portrait and 2 in Landscape formats (haven't tried it yet, but selecting the options in the Preview window looks like it'll happen).

Newc

Comment

Thanx Newc! My LTD ed 88 has OFFSET dots, so if I make sharkfins, they will cover the dots [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

But it has a block inlay on the 12th fret and regular dots on the 24th... But whatdahell, I'll give it a shot as soon as I find sticky paper(or whatever you call them [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

I had a JK-20Pro a while back and I must admit that I really like the Kelly shape. The JK-20Pro was a piece of import junk and wasn't put together well but it actually sounded really good.

But the original balancing problem pissed me off BIGTIME!! How could Jackson sell a guitar like that??? And dont' tell me I gotta wear a huge leather SRV-type strap either. I unded up doing some drilling and moved both strap buttons so that 1) it didnt' neck-dive anymore and 2) the guitar is brought a little further back to your right so the bridge isn't right on your crotch.

So JACKSON IF YOU'RE LISTENING....I DEFINITELY WANT A KE2 SOMEDAY BUT I'M NOT BUYING ONE TILL THE BALANCE PROBLEM IS FIXED!!! LOL!!!

I just don't wanna drill into a $1200 USA guitar that's all.

Other than that though it was a nice body shape to play. You can wear it a little higher also without looking like a dork too because of the top rounded cut-out type area.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:

You may also notice the silver dots on the neck - if you can get something to cover black dot inlays and match the fretboard's color, it should look nearly perfect. I didn't have anything to color-match the board [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Newc
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey cool experiments, man! You really do deserve the name Dr. Newcenstein!
                    [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    I was thinking of using that "ebony-stain" stuff -- cuz this is going on a rosewood board with dots. Maybe the stain will take care of the dots too? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X