Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My son wants a guitar and...

Originally posted by Word:
    Get him a Charvel Model series with a standard trem.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you're going to get something with a trem, it might as well be a Floyd, if you want it to stay in tune! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Or at least get some Sperzel or Schaller locking tuners to help it some.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Get him a used DK2. There out there for CHEEP, if you look. I still have, and play my first guitar, a red Peavey Patriot that cost $100, great player

Comment

I cant believe no one has mentioned the Jackson JS20. is has a S-S-H design, vintage trem and 22 frets. This was my first guitar, and i will soon have my second guitar but this guitar after i raised the pickups was a fairly decent guitar for the 199 price. now i think you can get one for like 189 but it is worth it. Another good guitar in that price range is an ESP M-50 it has 2 humbuckers and a tune-o-matic, but i think guitartrader.com has them for $159 and is well worth the money. those are my picks, but it matters what he wants to play too. i personally despise fenders and squiers because i play metal so for the price a fender w/ 3 single coils i could get a neck through ESP with a floyd rose and EMG pickups. my friend had a Squier affinity and it sucked a whole lot! but thats just me

Comment

Definately get him professional instruction. I tried to teach my son and it was a headache. With a professional instructor, you can avoid the headache and just ask him to show you what he learned. That way the kid will be excited to show you what he learned and he'll also get some extra practice without realizing it. [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Very cool thought Hammer1. I also tend to get frustrated when trying to get someone to understand what I already know. Just a shortcoming of mine I guess. What a thought about the extra practice too. Like that!

Comment

Working...
            X