Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Jackson or Charvel ever make a 22 fret neck-through model? N/T

N/T

I'm pretty sure a lot of RR's are 22 frets.

Comment

Whoops, yes. Sorry about that. I meant, soloist, archtop, etc. (super strat) body.

Comment

Very early Soloists - some had full sized strat bodies, some had 22 frets - kinda in the prototype stage though.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

The SL4 is 22 frets.

Comment

Great, what were they made for, 1 year? I can't find info on either of those anywhere.

Comment

The SLAT from about 10 years back had 22 frets, the ones available with humbuckers, mini humbuckers or P-90s. So did the SweeTone series.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                The SL4 is 22 frets.
                Yes. These were available for a while - late 90's certainly to early 2000s. I remember nearly ordering from Musicians friend.

What about the old SL2 - the one with no inlays and cheap-o import hardware?

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                The SLAT from about 10 years back had 22 frets, the ones available with humbuckers, mini humbuckers or P-90s. So did the SweeTone series.
                I had a feeling the Swee-Tones were 22s as well.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

The original USA SLS was 22 frets.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Early King V's and Kelly's were 22 frets, Marty Friedmans first Kelly was a 22 fretter

Comment

So, the SL2, made in USA with import hardware, or total import? I'm not finding either the SL4 on Evbay or otherwise, nor the SL2 with those specs, especially 22 frets. Seems like a new search that I need to save to Evil Bay!

What stopped you from ordering it?

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      Yes. These were available for a while - late 90's certainly to early 2000s. I remember nearly ordering from Musicians friend.

What about the old SL2 - the one with no inlays and cheap-o import hardware?

I had a feeling the Swee-Tones were 22s as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyrium View Post
                        So, the SL2, made in USA with import hardware, or total import? I'm not finding either the SL4 on Evbay or otherwise, nor the SL2 with those specs, especially 22 frets.
                        The SL2 (and SL2S) were USA budget models with import hardware and Armstrong pickups, but had 24 frets.

There was also the RR2 and the DR2 from that series, but they had 22 frets and were bolt-on.

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1997Page08.jpg

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1997Page06.jpg

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1997Page12.jpg
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X