Book Values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Values

Just scored a real nice 2003 KV2 just about a week ago, and I'm looking for book values on it. I searched the net for book values, and all I stumbled upon were sites wanting my money; strange, because this doesn't happen when I look up used car values. :think:

Anyway, anyone know where I can find a site for book values on instruments without paying $3.95 for my apparent "free quote?"

The true value of a guitar is loosely, and I do mean loosely based on two things for the most part. How much it was new at the big music outlets, and how much someones willing to pay for it. Three different people could buy the same guitar new from GC, and when those individuals go to sell their instruments theyll get three different prices used. Theres no set pricing structure for used guitars. If you want to get an idea, check the ended auctions on ebay, they ones in green that sold. This topic seems to come up nearly daily and has been somewhat of a joke around here, $400, for a while. Every time the question gets answered the same, but its still gets asked 4 and 5 times a week like nobody has read any of the other posts where someone else asked the same question and got the same answer.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Twitch, check your private message inbox.
      Last edited by bombtek; 06-13-2011, 05:43 AM.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Thank you Twitch for this response.If people would spend a half hour reading previous posts, they would answer many of their own questions and see the frequency of these types of questions. I agree 100% with Twitch, its my worth what someone is will to pay.

Comment

Vintage guitar price guides are made up numbers by people who buy guitars for resale.
          All the books out there are a joke IMO any place you go to sell will look at Ebay anyway then pay half what your asking for it.
          Rule of thumb for years is half the retail then 10% less than that.
          Another thing if you upgrade the pick ups/hardware you don't add the cost of the parts to the value.Best to keep the originals and put them back on when you sell.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Just play the damn guitar and dont worry about it,

If you are looking to sell, look at what other KV2's with a similar finish are going for,

If you are looking to insure the guitar, use the RRP of the guitar in the latest price book, the KV2 is still there, or a street price from a dealer

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
              Just play the damn guitar and dont worry about it,

If you are looking to sell, look at what other KV2's with a similar finish are going for,

If you are looking to insure the guitar, use the RRP of the guitar in the latest price book, the KV2 is still there, or a street price from a dealer
              Problem is that I can't find a price book...

Comment

Well checking ebay completed looks like last few sold for 950 lowest plain black and 1500 highest.. But normally you see those ones that sell for kinda high prices re-listed as its usually a scammer trying to get it shipped to india..

Best thing if your looking to sell i always say. Start high and stress to make an offer..

Comment

Originally posted by Torment Leaves Scars View Post
                  Problem is that I can't find a price book...
                  http://www.jacksonguitars.com/support/price_lists.php

Comment

Working...
                  X