Charvel Jackson or Neither???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Jackson or Neither???

I snagged this one off the bay but was suspect of it from the start.

Whats your take....It definintely had a Kahler at some point....However the information is in a route that would have been for a floyd or V trem right?

So whats the deal..Did someone actually route this MFr for a Kahler AFTER the fact or am I just out of my mind???

For the price I figured it was a reasonable risk and the body in hand is MUCH nicer condition wise than the pics make it out to be...Just praying it intonates.

I am thinking this is a later body, like 88ish??? And that someone at some point altered the work order on the pocket or created it...HOWEVER it is under what sure seems to be the original clear in that cavity with overspray on the original crackle. Perhaps a V trem that someone made into a kahler and then a pull up floyd recess? It should not take too much to fill in the cavity a bit and make a sweet player and I just happen to have a spare USA neck to go on her....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
    Last edited by coloradoman25; 06-08-2011, 07:04 PM.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Oh Neck pocket has some dating as well that list 4.14.88 in pencil but it looks much more recent than 88... 3193 and the letters MG are also in pencil in the pocket...obviously dates and serials dont coincide to well eh lol
    Haters gonna hate

Comment

Looks like a Dinky body originally routed for a JT6/OFR, then routed afterwards for a Kahler. You'll take in any stray dog off the street, won't you?

Comment

Love me som odd ones.
        Haters gonna hate

Comment

I saw that one. couldn't get away from that page faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            I saw that one. couldn't get away from that page faster.
            ^ that

Comment

What scared ya off so much?
              Haters gonna hate

Comment

I would have passed on that one.
                Deff an 88 body and not 83.Came with a JT-6 then routed for a Kahler would be my guess.
                Last edited by straycat; 06-09-2011, 11:34 AM.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I wasn't scared off personally. Looks like some wood working and a possible refinish but not a bad price for an 80's USA Jackson body IMO. I just have too many unfinished projects right now and couldn't justify another. I'm glad someone like you picked it up to resurrect it and bring it back to glory.

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
                    I'm glad someone like you picked it up to resurrect it
                    by "resurrect" you mean "flip"
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yup its a plain old flip when i rebuild it fix the body and add all the other parts....Wheres that jerk off emoticon...
                      Haters gonna hate

Comment

Oh yeah, parts....like that part you were sposed to send me ages ago.....d'oh!

Comment

I sent that bar and ya I must be a real dick who got you that contact info....Ill send ya another if ya want no idea where the fuck it went since I didnt track a 3$ bar. What a fuckin whiner; for a big bastard you sure like to cry like a bitch now and again.
                          Haters gonna hate

Comment

Defensive much?

Yo, Chris, I don't feel like trading FUs all night, so here's a bunch to hold you over: Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You Fuck You

And the smileys you missed in my other posts:

Comment

Im impressed lol......I just think theres a difference between rebuilding from parts and simple flipping. As for the rest whatever makes ya happy. Ill send another bar I have a box full of em.
                              Haters gonna hate

Comment

Working...
                              X