Factory 2nds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory 2nds

Does Charvel sell factory seconds? I saw an ad for a guy selling a USA San Dimas with the headstock stamped "Used". This is the first time I've come across this and just wondering if it's legit.

They have in the past. I have seen a few when Akai was killing it in late 90's. And when I played a couple I was surprised they didn't just bandsaw the junkers. Maybe a few good ones. But Its a crap shoot with factory 2nds.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Some of the "USED" guitars are brand new but sold at auction or to liquidators after a dealer goes out of business. For one reason or another, the factory warranty is no longer honored, even though it may not be a second.
      sigpic

Comment

Here's a bit of info on why some guitars have used stamped on them.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Guitar-Won-i...00000010711745

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
          Does Charvel sell factory seconds?
          Yes. They're rebadged as "Ibanez."

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

There is at least one of the later Charvels which has been labeled B-Stock due to a paint flaw

And also interesting that there is a guitar with the same serial number except that "B":
            Last edited by busdriver; 06-06-2011, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
              Some of the "USED" guitars are brand new but sold at auction or to liquidators after a dealer goes out of business. For one reason or another, the factory warranty is no longer honored, even though it may not be a second.
              +1000

My First Jackson was a "new" DK2 stamped USED on the headstock (I just need to remove the ED) The only flaw is the neck is on the fat side.

Comment

Working...
              X