Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me ID this jackson

Hi all, I'm new to the forum so please bear with me

Never thought there were so many jackson lovers man, I thought I was alone here!!

anyway, amazing forum, great content I've read last few days...

My C/J guitars are one old Charvel DR3 (fire crackle), an 80's pink soloist and this one I found about 10 years ago, don't know what model it is but I'm guessing it's japanese

I've searched the forum but haven't found a thing with just the headstock information, so here it is, hope you can help me with info on it

the headstock has the word standard on the truss rod cover and the name Grover Jackson in small letters right after the jackson logo, rosewood fingerboard with white binding, small dot inlays at the top of the fingerboard (bass strings side), don't know what wood is the body made of, but it is as heavy as the soloist, HH pickup configuration with a 3 position toggle in between the volume & tone pots and a Floyd license tremolo

I does play great and sounds amazing, I installed a Bill Lawrence 500XL with a Q-filter BTW

Tried pasting a couple of pictures but the post was rejected so, I hope the description is enough for someone to know what I'm talking about

ok, pics here:

Body

Head

Neck

hope you guys can help

Thanks!!
    Last edited by vr6corrado; 05-20-2011, 12:38 PM. Reason: Added pic links

Welcome to the forum. The Grover Jackson line was made for the Japanese market only. It later turned into the Jackson Stars line. I'd assume it's some kind of Dinky Standard.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, I saw many pictures with the big Grover Jackson logo, not the small print name like this one

Comment

I've seen the small logo like that years ago on a couple guitars Dave Mustaine and Marty Friedman used.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool now I wonder if it's older than the ones with the big logo

Comment

Wicked cool

Comment

Looks like a short scale too.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yes it is a short scale man, good call!

I really dig the transparent dark burgundy color, most people think it's black until they take a second look at it

I had to sell it to a friend of mine a few years ago but I finally got it back last december

Don't know if there's a family portrait thread but here's mine anyway, hope I don't get a spanking

PIC

cheers!

Comment

Very much like my 92ish fusion H-H good score I love short scale Jacksons about the best
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X