Old Guitar Shop piece might be interesting to some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Guitar Shop piece might be interesting to some

These pics are from the Feb & Aug '96 issues. Man I miss this mag.
    Pic of Rhoads guitar at auction (estimate then at $10,000-$15,000). They noted that serial was RR0008 & prodcution around 1980. They also noted it was one of the 1st prodcution Rhoads and that at the time of Randy's death it was at the Jackson factory for repairs.

August response by Tim Wilson to correctsome misinformation.

I appologize for the crappy phone pics.
    Cheers.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Cool! Thanks for posting.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That is very cool. I remember my friend told me about that mag, but by the time I got around to subscribe it already went under!

I know this topic has come up every now and then, but I assume the records Tim Wilson referred to above still exist somewhere at Jackson. Now, was it Fender that said no more looking up guitar info using the serial number or someone else in Jackson that imposed this? I can see their side in keeping the records out of the public eye for fear of copies (you hear me China! ) but if an owner can provide proof they have the guitar, it'd be nice to see what wood, hardware, and electronics it originally came with.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

It would be nice if you could send them an email pic to prove you have the guitar in Q.and get the info.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
          but I assume the records Tim Wilson referred to above still exist somewhere at Jackson.
          You assume correctly. They are still in the old black filing cabinets. I looked up the info on my San Dimas Rhoads when I took a tour a couple years back.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            You assume correctly. They are still in the old black filing cabinets. I looked up the info on my San Dimas Rhoads when I took a tour a couple years back.
            That's cool. How much info did you find on your Rhoads? Is it very detailed?, like go down to the type of body/neck wood, pickups, etc.

So, the next time a JCF'r is going on a J/C tour, just before leaving we'll give em the task of looking up the 1000s of J/C guitars the entire JCF has on file!
            They'd be ok w that right? ha!
            "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Ha ha yeah! "Uh, I gotta go to the bathroom real quick" ....4 hours later...."hey where is that guy from JCF?" ....click click click (taking pics of the files like a spy)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Ha ha yeah! "Uh, I gotta go to the bathroom real quick" ....4 hours later...."hey where is that guy from JCF?" ....click click click (taking pics of the files like a spy)
                So who is the Michael Weston spy character of us here?
                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Ed Roman has that guitar, or another just like it with a 1-digit serial number, and is trying today to pass if off as being Randy's guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
                    That's cool. How much info did you find on your Rhoads? Is it very detailed?, like go down to the type of body/neck wood, pickups, etc.
                    Yes, and date it was finished, date it was sold, and to which shop it sold. I wrote down all that info on my Rhoads, it's somewhere in the file I wrote after that trip!

Comment

Working...
                    X