UBB vs EZ - Need your input please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UBB vs EZ - Need your input please!

Only thing I miss so far about the EZBoard version is the "mark forum read" function.
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

This board is definitely FASTER than SleaZ board for me on my home DSL and at work with our massive pipe, but the lack of a function for marking read an entire sub-area is a real problem for me.

Comment

Sometimes ezboard was faster than this, and sometime it was really slow...

I can deal with the speed... The marked forum as read thing would make this livable...

Comment

I never used the "Mark forum as read" button, you people are just plain lazy it takes two seconds to check if you've read it or not! [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Comment

Don't be silly... This forum is way too big not to have that feature...

We're power users dude.. Nothing to do with being lazy. When a person keeps hitting on threads you read already, that SUCKS!!! I got better things to do with my time...

Comment

Guy's .. one way or another we are working on it.. please give us time and we'll do our best ..
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Sorry Kevin/Admin in general.
                I/we truly know that you are all working at solving the misc problems. AND I/we understand why we had to do all this. Sad you guys have to work so hard and spend so much time. I know everyone really appreciates your efforts, and we'll get through this just fine.

When we talk about all this, it isn't that we are ripping on the admin or all of your hard work. PLEASE don't think that we are...

We're just discussing the operation of of the software etc. Not all anything about you guys. We all know you're doing everything possible and also use the baord as much as we do and want it as cool as possible.

We're not b itching at you whatsoever, we're just talking about it all. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

John ..

I never thought you were ripping me or anyone, so I don't feel that way.. I've read several good members on the board talking about jumping ship because of the new format and I just want people to know the issues are being worked on .. It will just take some time and I do believe this will be better than Ezboard in the long run ..

Speed issue's are being worked on by Pat's end .. and he's really busting to see what we can do ..

"mark forum" "sticky notes" etc will either be supported in a future version or we are looking into add-ons to get those features integrated. With Jeremy being away for the long weekend I don't want to make any changes to the script format of the board .. that's his dept.. although I do think once he gets back and I show him some of what I've looked into we may be able to work on it .. Hell I even want spell check back .. I/we appreciate any feedback we can get .. I just don't want anyone to feel the boards been put up and nothing is being done behind the scenes to make it a little better ..

hope your holiday weekend was good ..
                  Kev
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Awesome, just know that everyone appreciates all your hard work! I know I truly do.

Personally, this was one of the better Thanksgivings I've had actually,

Hope everyone elses was as good as mine!

Comment

I'd like to add that the "hop to" menu at the bottow of each page needs to be changed from numbers to the names of each forum, if possible. It's a little hard to remember the number for each forum.

Comment

I like the new board.

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                          ... Hell I even want spell check back .. I/we appreciate any feedback we can get
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">(*COUGH* SID! *COUGH!)

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X