Help with my Mustaine V please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alien DNA View Post
    finally i got some decent information!!!
    Thats a bit harsh mate, also i dont think your guitar is a Japanese market model, yours has daves signature on the headstock like the 94-95 catalog, it doesnt say "Grover Jackson" like the Japanese catalog.

Seems you have a Mustaine KV Pro, as mentioned earlier
    Last edited by ralph; 11-07-2010, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Well yours is a modded 92 KV pro not all that rare really and so not worth $3000.00 just because of the mods.
      I know where an original sliver sparkle 92 KV Pro is and they are asking $1500.00 which is still way too much.
      I made an offer on it at $600.00 and got turned down but if it sits there long enough they will probably take my offer.I can wait.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
        Thats a bit harsh mate, also i dont think your guitar is a Japanese market model, yours has daves signature on the headstock like the 94-95 catalog, it doesnt say "Grover Jackson" like the Japanese catalog.

Seems you have a Mustaine KV Pro, as mentioned earlier
        Sorry to sound like it was harsh, wasnt meant to be, just having trouble getting any solid information....cerberus did well!!! Cheers again!!

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          Well yours is a modded 92 KV pro not all that rare really and so not worth $3000.00 just because of the mods.
          I know where an original sliver sparkle 92 KV Pro is and they are asking $1500.00 which is still way too much.
          I made an offer on it at $600.00 and got turned down but if it sits there long enough they will probably take my offer.I can wait.
          Ok, agreed 3K is stupid, but try and find one is Australia....havent seen one on the bay in many many years!!! The mods would devalue the guitar even further in reality!!
          Its been a rough time finding info to be honest....guys from the Megadeth forum have guessed it to be a prototype(coz of the serial number confusion)!!! Most said the Jap model wasnt even made for years after that...so you can understand where im coming from!!!! So any info i could get is appreciated!!!

Mazz also mentioned it to be close in price to a custom shop.......maybe if your a resident of USA, but getting a custom shop Jackson made to your specs, then getting it shipped out, then through customs.....will send the price over 4K easy!!!

And Straycat, hope ya get it!!!

Thanks again gentlemen, i do appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Alien DNA View Post
            Sorry to sound like it was harsh, wasnt meant to be, just having trouble getting any solid information....cerberus did well!!! Cheers again!!
            Trouble?

People have been giving you solid information on this guitar for quite some time. Both here and on the Megadeth forums when you posted nearly the exact same thing back in July.

It's a heavily modified Japanese KV Pro from the early 90's. That information is just as solid as it was when you were told the exact same thing in July.

The J2------- serial is interesting. But that's it. Even if the guitar wasn't completely defaced it still wouldn't affect the value of the instrument one way or another.

If it wasn't modified and in good condition you likely could have fetched between $1000-$1200 for it without much trouble. Given its current state and your asking price, you might as well just enjoy it because it isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Exact thing posted yeah, and conflicting answers until now. That thread died coz the info stopped coming in. What am i to do, jump down peoples throats coz they werent sure themselves, i appreciated everyones input.....without the data i did get, i wouldnt have gotten to this point!! No one came through with build dates in that thread...no one even mentioned that Daves early models had the Grover Jackson logo and brass truss cover either...so no the info wasnt as solid as it is here!!!! But do you see me going off? No! Frustrated at times yeah, but pissed off, no mate.
              Thanks for your input on its current state of value, your effort and time IS appreciated.!!! Cheers

Comment

Disregard the info on the Japanese market only Grover Jacksons with the brass truss rod cover, that has nothing to do with your guitar and is a totally different model.

The J2 serial just means it was the first run of KV pros made and they did not have the Pro truss rod cover. I had a silver sparkle just like yours, same serial prefix, its cool but not a prototype or anything crazy rare.

I would be shocked if you get a 1000 US dollars for that guitar but you never know. I put my Korina KV1T up with a 3500 dollar buy it now, got some shit for it on the forums but it sold.

Comment

That thread stopped because there wasn't anything else to add. If your headstock said "Grover Jackson" you likely would have been told that it was an early 90's KV made for the Japanese domestic market. But that's not the case.

No one is going to be able to give you a build date. Just as you were told back in July, Jackson/FMIC likely has no information on Japanese production nearly 20 years ago. Your serial indicates it was made in 1992 (as you already knew). That's about as good as it's going to get.

The only thing different in this thread than the one on the Megadeth forums is Cerberus pointed out that they were making KVs with the Pros specs for the Japanese market prior to 1993 when they became available outside of Japan. Which only enforces what people had already been telling you, that you have an early 90's KV Pro.

You were told there that you have an early 90's KV Pro. You were told here that you have an early 90's KV Pro. I'm a little confused as to where your "conflicting answers until now" are.

Sorry, but it seems to me charvel750 hit this one on the head. This thread was nothing more than a cheap plug for your sale.

Comment

Thanks AK47!
                    My point with the Grover and brass info, was that, this info was never mentioned on the deth forums, so im just stating that build dates are given as a more 'matter of fact' way than the other forum. Yep, that model is different.

Thanks for the J2 decoding......and the likleyhood it being a prototype is a pretty big speculation, i agree.....thats why im here to sort that out!!!

I dont mind getting shit for it, it clears up the situation.

...and grats on your 3.5K sale!!!

Comment

Thanks to all that have helped!!!

Comment

Hello,
                        That's going to be on the bay for a long time if you ask me, you could go get a brand spanking new USA for less than that, you're probably not far off entering bloody custom shop pricing asking for that amount of $.
                        Ali.

Comment

You might find some info under the Kahler not likely but you could look anyway.Or look in the electronic cavity.
                          Its just a KV Pro in the end and worth &700-$900 with mods.
                          It really gets me when people say its a prototype if the serial number is off a bit.We all have seen odd or double serial numbers so nothing odd there.
                          Last edited by straycat; 11-08-2010, 10:43 AM.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Why is the serial number odd? I think the J would indicate Japanese and the 2 would be for '92 back then.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                              You might find some info under the Kahler not likely but you could look anyway.Or look in the electronic cavity.
                              He's done that already. Pics from the Megadeth forum thread.

Since all this stuff was aftermarket it kind of ruled out a potential prototype. You can also see based on the mounting screw holes for the bridge that it appears someone installed a Kahler Flyer at some point as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X