Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Dinky Reverse "Burlesque" Strat

Hi,
    I'm new here and I have a few questions. I'm just looking for more information on a guitar that I have.
    But first let me say, I have two Jackson guitars in my collection. The first one is a Dinky Reverse with a "Burlesque" paint job on it that I got in 1989. And I have a custom Randy Rhoads V that I got around 1994/95. My question is about the "Burlesque" Jackson. Were they considered to be custom models? Or were they mass produced? Were they made in limited numbers or anything like that? I've done some searching around online and haven't found much but I believe I seen a picture of one on this site before when I was trying to find more information on them so that's what brought me here. Does anybody here have a one of these guitars?

Charvel750 has one (maybe 2). It's the one with the chick with her legs crossed and you can see her panties, correct? Takes up the entire front?

These were somewhat mass-produced, though anything made before 1990 is generally considered a Custom Shop since there wasn't really a "production model" USA Jackson until then.
    However, there were certain model specs they saw as "standard" or "common" (Dinky, H-S-S, Floyd, ebony board on maple neck, etc) and made them without actually being generated by a work order from a dealer/customer.

Not all the graphics from that time were done by the original artists. Jackson would contract a given artist (Dan Lawrence, for example) to do a few pieces, and then bring in less-expensive artists to replicate that work as close as they could within a given production schedule (time = money). If you ever run across two of the same graphic and one is signed and the other is not, you'd see the differences side-by-side. While these "starving" artists weren't bad at all, there were still noticeable differences, at least in the 2 Colored Dragons I had.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks Newc,
      That's it, that's the one I'm talking about! It has a topless chick covering her boobs on it and she is crossing her legs! I got it for Christmas in 1989 and it has always been one of my favorites. It was my main guitar in this band I was in, back in the late 80's early 90's and other people always loved it too! I always got alot of compliments on it. There wasn't any other guitar players around my area that had one like this. So, I felt that it was somewhat one of a kind back then especially. LOL! I seen one on e-bay not too long ago but I can't say that I've seen them everywhere. So, I was just wondering if anybody had more information as to how many might have been made. Or were they just as common as the regular strats that didn't have custom graphics or paint jobs (you know Black, Red & White ones, etc.)
      But anyway, thanks for the reply and the info you were able to give me since I have wondered about it for a long time!

Comment

I've seen a few. They are pretty cool, except her body proportions are all out of whack!

Comment

Great guitar, I did have two of them, but ended up selling both. One was a single hum with a maple fingerboard 22 fret JT-6 trem, got it from Hal Dunbar in SC. The other was a 24 fret Strat 24 with a Kahler. Both were great axes and I enjoyed them but needed some dough and sold them off. Post a pic of yours.
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Wow! That's cool that you had 2 of them charvel750! I understand you selling them though we could all use more dough, these days especially! LOL! I'll post a link to a pic. It's not a great pic, it's an old one. I took this pic when I first got it in 1989! http://smashalley.fortunecity.com/Gu...as1989edit.jpg

Comment

Hello Metalfan80,

Xavier from France,
              can you give me the serial number of your 1989 Dinky please?
              Mine is a gorgeous metallic black one with SN 005485, and the seller told me he bought it NEW in 1989 but I could never find any info about this kind of Jackson serial numbers...
              Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by 80smetalfan View Post
                I seen one on e-bay not too long ago but I can't say that I've seen them everywhere.
                That must be the one I got back in June.
                No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

This thread is more than two years old!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

South Carolinian also?

Figgers.

Oh, wait France.
                    Must be a time zone issue.

Comment

A time zone issue... waow, that helps;

Comment

80smetalfan posted a total of 4 times back in September 2010 - I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a response
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

I got a Dinky reverse, except on mine EVERYTHING is reversed

http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

More pics please!!!

Comment

Originally posted by amimbari View Post
                              I got a Dinky reverse, except on mine EVERYTHING is reversed

Damn lefties.

Ditto on more pics.
                              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                              X