Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your strange C/J story!

Ok, just for fun, here's mine.

Years ago, I have a table at a guitar show. This was a "vintage" show, all fendermartingibson, if ya know what I mean. Mostly older guys. So in comes a Korn lookin kid and his cronies, and he has a blood spatter red/white, USA Kelly, no case. I immediately start trying to buy it, make a fair offer, and he gets slick, thinking I'm dying for it, jacks up the price. I pass on it and move on. The kids walks around the show all day, none of the old time guys would touch it for some reason. I end up buying for less than I originally offered from the dejected young lad. So I take it and my other goodies home. Later, I see a roach on the wall, and kill it. Still later, I see one on the guitar. I cut off the strings, yank the pickups, the thing was a roach motel! Full of them and their shit. Cleaned it all out, it was a very cool Kelly, 80's neck thru. But it really made me wonder what kind of home it came from. No particular point to this, just thought I'd share.

I can't really see how that one gets beat.......
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Jah, no roach moat stories.

Found a couple dead roaches inside some ancient amps and cabs, but par for the course.

Someone left a sandwich bag full of pot inside a guitar case I bought for 5 dollars
      when I had the store way back.
      I passed it on, I don't partake.

Comment

Originally posted by ethan walker View Post
        I immediately start trying to buy it, make a fair offer, ... I end up buying for less than I originally offered from the dejected young lad.
        Sounds like he got a fair deal from you.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

That might give me nightmares, and I only say that because I had severe roach infestation in my apartment for a couple years!

my story was i was carrying my ps4 with out a gigbag on the subway, a homeless dude said:

HG "Nice Jackson"
          Me "Thanks"
          HG "you can tell it was made in the US because the shading of the logo"
          Me "Acrtually this one is from Japan"

And then I had a homeless guy look at ME with pity and like I was crazy haha!

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
            That might give me nightmares, and I only say that because I had severe roach infestation in my apartment for a couple years!

my story was i was carrying my ps4 with out a gigbag on the subway, a homeless dude said:

HG "Nice Jackson"
            Me "Thanks"
            HG "you can tell it was made in the US because the shading of the logo"
            Me "Acrtually this one is from Japan"

And then I had a homeless guy look at ME with pity and like I was crazy haha!
            If only he was a legit buyer!

Comment

Working...
            X