About RR3's neck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About RR3's neck.

Hi, a while ago I purchased used Jackson RR3 and I decided to take the neck out of the pocket and unfortunately it's stamped as RX10D... does it mean that the neck is not from rr3 and I get worse sound than I should? Or it's just that rr3's necks are same as dx10s?
    Both, neck and body has stamped 2006 year of production.
    Anyone could help me?

Pictures would help, but if it's stamped RX10D then chances are the guitar is not a RR3. What are the pickups/hardware etc?
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I've had a rr3 that had a rx10d neck on it. They are both made in japan and 22 frets. My problem with that was the 2 are supposed to have different neck specs. One specs I love and the other I don't. You can tell the difference from the body. RR3 top routed and the Rx10d is rear routed.

Comment

Interesting, I would have thought that rr3 and rx10 necks would be made separately
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          I've had a rr3 that had a rx10d neck on it. They are both made in japan and 22 frets. My problem with that was the 2 are supposed to have different neck specs. One specs I love and the other I don't. You can tell the difference from the body. RR3 top routed and the Rx10d is rear routed.
          I thought the specs for the RR5 and RX10D necks were the same? are they supposed to have a different neck back profile?

Comment

RX10d-.775,.880
            RR3-.745,.810

Comment

I think they're cutting corners by using the same neck on both models.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                I think they're cutting corners by using the same neck on both models.
                Maybe they shave down RX10D necks when they run out of RR3 necks

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
                  Maybe they shave down RX10D necks when they run out of RR3 necks
                  I highly doubt it. They're producing guitars en-masse, so they're hardly going to put some guy to re-shape the necks just for the sake of conforming to specs.

Well, this is just e theoretical argument until someone takes out the measuring tape, but I bet there is no difference at all between the RR3- and RX10D necks if you'd actually measure them. J/C have strayed from their specs before (750XL bodywood for instance), and the specs on the website have always been full of errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                    I highly doubt it. They're producing guitars en-masse, so they're hardly going to put some guy to re-shape the necks just for the sake of conforming to specs.

Well, this is just e theoretical argument until someone takes out the measuring tape, but I bet there is no difference at all between the RR3- and RX10D necks if you'd actually measure them. J/C have strayed from their specs before (750XL bodywood for instance), and the specs on the website have always been full of errors.
                    +1 My MIJ KV has a MIJ WR neck. Personally I couldn't be happier, it has a slimmer profile than my Charvel and my DXMG.
                    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Working...
                    X