Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was the move to a Japanese production ever explained?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was the move to a Japanese production ever explained?

Not sure if I missed it, but I don't see Mike (Bionic) or anyone from the USA Production line posting why the USA San Dimas' are to be no more.

I am guessing that it was hard to make a profit on the '08-'10 USA production line Charvels, even without cases and limiting the colors, etc. I am also guessing that FMIC pulled the USA plug, and made the decision to mass produce Japanese Charvels - yet again?

I don't know about everyone else, but I got a kick out of knowing that my SD-1 was made in the USA, in that sloppy looking back corner of the Fender(?) line. I liked seeing those new batch videos showing the paint being mixed, etc.

I am sure the Japanese Charvels will be wonderful players, and I am sure Japanese production can even rival ours in some cases. I am just damned glad I bought a USA model, made in sunny CA, when I did!

Sorry for the rant.
    '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
    '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
    '98 PRS Custom 22
    '10 Les Paul Traditional

$$$

What further explaination do you need?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Something was mentioned that the people who made the charvels are having to be put back on fenders since demand has increased.

Comment

It's good to know that the Charvel line guys will be working on Fenders, instead of being unemployed!
        '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
        '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
        '98 PRS Custom 22
        '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

Mike can correct me if I am wrong..

The USA Production Models have compound radius fretboards. The New USA Deluxe Fenders have Compound Radius Fretboards. There are only a few of the machines at Fender that can do CRadius Boards...
          Fender gets priority, and Charvel gets a VERY GOOD guitar (maybe as good as) at a better price point for us all..

I think its win win for everyone.. .its a sub 1000 dollar guitar with that is going to have a a great sound and playability... and everyone benifits..
          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
            Something was mentioned that the people who made the charvels are having to be put back on fenders since demand has increased.
            Yes, I remember this on one of the threads. They were Fender employees who were trained by the Charvel luthiers.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron how did you miss benifits? You gettin old?

Comment

I did miss that...but hey maybe I'll buy a guitar from Nick one of these days!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

So take a charvel feature add it to a fender add a grand to the msrp. Are fender buyers really that stupid or snobby? :think:

Comment

Hell yeah, "Leo got it right the first time" Tunnel vision mothers............................
                    Charvel CST 060 1992
                    Charvel CST 070 1992
                    Charvel CDS 090 1993
                    Gibson Les Paul Standard 1993
                    Gibson Les Paul DC 2007
                    Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2013
                    Gibson Les Paul Classic 1999
                    Duesenberg 49er 2012
                    Duesenberg V-Caster 2007
                    Duesenberg Starcaster 2006
                    History TH-LS Limited 2009
                    History SH-LSV 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                      So take a charvel feature add it to a fender add a grand to the msrp. Are fender buyers really that stupid or snobby? :think:
                      Your comment makes zero sense. The Deluxe Strat is like $1500 MAP, so, it's not $1000 more than a Charvel, or $1000 more than an American Standard Strat. Damn nice guitar, too, if you don't want a Floyd. And a compound radius board isn't a "Charvel feature" it's a feature that is found on Charvels, and lots of other guitars, by lots of manufacturers.

Originally posted by THOMO View Post
                      Hell yeah, "Leo got it right the first time" Tunnel vision mothers............................
                      That's no kidding. I wouldn't be surprised if people didn't bitch about the compound-radius board... "Man Leo INTENDED for the notes to choke out like that!"

Comment

Your comment makes zero sense. The Deluxe Strat is like $1500 MAP, so, it's not $1000 more than a Charvel, or $1000 more than an American Standard Strat. Damn nice guitar, too, if you don't want a Floyd. And a compound radius board isn't a "Charvel feature" it's a feature that is found on Charvels, and lots of other guitars, by lots of manufacturers.
                        first I said msrp is 2099. OK so map is 1550 so there still 450 higher in price with no floyd. Are Fenders known for compound radius? NOOOO! Who made it popular and is known for it? hmmm....
                        Let's take a step back and look at the irony here. 2 years ago everyone complained that these are just going to be fender copies. NOW we don't have our promods but we have fenders made on the same machines with compound radius fretboards. Did see where I'm coming from now????
                        Lots of us asked for charvels with vtrems I wounder why we aren't getting them.

Comment

Because v-trems should only be found on fucking Fender-logoed guitars, not fucking Charvel and/or Jacksons, unless it's a Concorde, and then it should be the one Grover designed, not the one Leo designed.

Holy Fucking Shit, people, stop wishing for better guitars like Charvels to have lesser features like non-locking 1950's Buddy Fucking Holly tremolos!

I swear to God I oughta fucking dump J/C entirely to get away from you fucks and your "weh it's not 1980" mentality.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[QUOTEI swear to God I oughta fucking dump J/C entirely to get away from you fucks and your "weh it's not 1980" mentality. ][/QUOTE]BYE! I'm not whining so fuck off yourself. I'm stating a fact that we're not going to get vtrems if Fender cam make more money adding charvel specs to a fender and charge more for it.
                            Didn't you have a mullet in a not too old picture? talking about the 80's:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

Holy Fucking Shit, people, stop wishing for better guitars like Charvels to have lesser features like non-locking 1950's Buddy Fucking Holly tremolos!
                              BINGO! Hit the nail right on the head with that one.
                              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                              X