question about buying a guitar online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about buying a guitar online

Hey guys...I'm hoping you can help me out. I've purchased one guitar online in the past...but it was with a hard case, and it was from a completely reputable site (MF.com).

So I see a guitar on ebay (and I won't mention it because I don't want anyone snatching it up Only problem is, it doesn't come with a hard case. The ad says it's fully insured Fedex shipping...but at the same time.."no returns"

It's an actual music store..and they have an ebay store as well...so it looks pretty reputable...they also have a really good feedback score. I'm just concerned that without a hard case I could be taking a chance. I emailed the seller...but it was just some random aol address...which they probably don't check very often..I get that. They also have a phone number which I'm going to call tomorrow when they open back up for business. I'm just looking for some opinions here...should I take a shot. It's exactly what I want, and it's a good price.

Thanks!
    Todd M

As a buyer on ebay everything is stacked in your favor. If it arrives damaged you can get a refund--the seller can't even give you negative feedback anymore. If you really want this guitar to arrive in perfect shape have the seller take the neck off and send it in two separate packages. Shipping should be the same or less since some shipping co's add a balloon charge for guitars.

Comment

Yeah their "return policy" is irrelevant if they are at fault for any problems

Comment

Plus, just because it doesn't come in a case doesn't mean they won't pack it well. Often guitars without cases are packaged and shipped even better for extra precaution. Just make absolute sure it has insurance. Then you have both the shipping company and the seller responsible before you are. You'll be fine, do not hesitate.

Comment

Thanks guys for the replies. I decided to go for it. I figured that ebay does provide buyer protection...god knows...every time I sell something I gotta wait for my money - until it's proven that it's been delivered, or I get a positive review - either that or wait 21 days.
          And bonus in this case - free shipping.

Now that I've purchased it, I guess I can let the cat out of the bag. I've wanted a Charvel Pro-Mod (USA of course) So Cal. I have a SD strat and Telly...but no so cal. I was hoping to find a So Cal in white (a la Jake E.) There was one other color that really interested me..but I couldn't find it for less than list (1099). Well...I got one for 899 on ebay...brand new. It's the 'Red Ale'...I really like the 'Trans' colors...I have a Trans Kandy and it's really a nice lookin guitar....so I'm hoping the red ale will do the pictures justice...because it does look pretty nice in every pic I've seen so far.

So they seller has a good rating...shipping was free...it was a color that I can live with....and I got it for a good price. Can't beat that with a stick. I'll certainly post pics when I get it.
          Here's the guitar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200436337463

Thanks again for the quick replies. You guys just confirmed my thoughts.
          Todd M

Comment

Working...
          X