Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with pricing, limited info

Good afternoon,
    I am kind of always in the market for a new guitar. I own like 10, but they are mostly sentimental guitars and not any that I play. Except for my Carvin 6 sting bass and my Jackson PS2 Performer.
    Today, while looking in a pawn shop, I found a couple Jacksons. One appears to be the exact same as my PS2, but it doesn't say PS2 or Performer anywhere. I believe the bridge to be replaced because it is stainless and everything else is Black hardware. I am not interested in this guitar, espececially with a 300 something dollar tag, They have it listed as a Dnky.
    The other guitar I am interested in. It is a dark purplish color. It says Jackson Professional on the reveresed headstock. 24 fret neck. It has a Floyd Rose bridge that says Charvel on it. This is also labeled as a DNKY. It has a locking nut, and every tuner has Jackson on it. It is missing the back cover that covers the tremelo system. I couldn't find anything that said "Made in USA" or China or anything. Where the neck bolts on, the cover was not just a flat metal, it was recessed, and had a serial number. I couldn't copy it down. It had 2 Humbuckers. The bridge one was a humbucker, with the blades instead of the dots. ( I know I know, so technical) On the tag the guy was asking like 475. That seems very high to me. Off the top of their head, can anyone give me more info on this guitar and whether or not this is a good deal?

Sounds like some kind of Dinky Reverse, but pics would help. Professional series is made in Japan. Prices seem a little high.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Being as I am not a Guitar connosoir, are the professional series worth investing in as far as durability, playability, etc? Rough estimate of price for a used on in good condition?

Comment

Professional is better than Performer, which you currently have and must like.

Stuff for you to find out:
        Sharkies or Dots for inlays? Offset dots?
        Binding on the neck?

If you don't want to get ripped off, stear clear of those deals and do more research on this website. You should not buy unless you know

a) what it is you are buying

b) have a good idea of what it's worth, using ebay's completed auctions for pricing info.

Comment

Although I forgot to mention it, it has dots, and they are at the top of the neck (close to the 6th string) and seem to be right behind the frets. It seems that it did say Dinky Rev on the truss rod cover. But I can't be sure until I look at it again. From what I can see, it is way over priced. I was looking to trade in a Peavy 100 watt bass head, a pretty decent Harmony (as far as Harmony is concerned), my playstation 2 with about 30 games. The salesman estimated about a hundred in cash as well. This seems pretty steep to me.

Oh, and I do LOVE my performer. But I think I need a little better.

Comment

I say $400
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
            X