Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summa Yooz Guyz Needta Getta Life! xD

HEYYYY FUKKRZ!!!!!!

I've been AFK from the JCF for a reeeeeally long time, I know, I know... My bad. 'pank me. What can I say? I've been a tad occupado and hadn't had much to say on Ye Olde JCF... I have thought about you guys whilst away!

I see there are some old faces (and damn those of you who rooted for the Blackhawks, damn them, too!) and lots of new ones. Great to see the ol' Jackson brand alive and well, along with a slight resurgence of METAL! \m/ -.- \m/

Suffice to say, after a year of working with Ignitor, Erika decided to ditch the band about 4 days after the world-wide release of Road of Bones. That was a huge downer. After a few months of not finding a replacement, and being slightly dead-in-the-water because of that, and having had a great job opportunity in the Phoenix area, I decided to depart as well and moved back to AZ. That, my friends, has been as tormenting as it has been exciting. But, overall, things are really good, albeit I'm feeling rather old these days. Bah. Not as old as some of YOU! HAHAHA!

During the past 2+ years I've been in AZ I picked up my guitars for maybe a half hour... TOTAL. yeah, you read that right. I didn't play much. BAD ANNAH!!!! Oh well. I was bummed. Jaded. Pissed. Frustrated with musicians. Etc., etc., etc. But as fate would have it, it does appear that I finally (after checking out several uber-flaky musicians) have found a VERY cool group with which to parlay my shredd-a-riffic brand of axe-slinging! I'm super excited about this, and expect a definitive answer this week, but things are looking really good. WOOT!

So there is something axe-related that's on my mind.... 7 strings. I've not played a 7-string in my life (well, once when I worked at GC and I hated it). So I'm looking at the SLAT3-7 and wondering who here has one, loves it, hates it, has any recommendations, etc. I'm not certain that I'll go the 7-string route, but at this point I'm pondering it with fierce curiosity.

Big hugs to all my old buddies here! Missed ya!!!!

they make guitars with 7 strings?!

Comment

Annah! Good to see you back! Stick around a while
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Hey gal!! Great to see ya again!! Thanks for the update. Hope to see a lot more of ya around here.

Comment

Nice to see you back
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks! I think I may ditch the 7-string route. I can play everything on my RR1 tuned down and drop-tuned to C#, so I'll stick with that a while.

Comment

Hi Annah, welcome back!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

ToeJam!! Thanks, my friend! How are things?

Comment

Finally got my ex-wife's name off my house and don't have to worry about her crap any more. And I've got a new tattoo and new girlfriend, so things are going well.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sevens are kinda fun, and if you find the right one, you'll hardly notice the difference between it and a six-string. After a terrible Washburn and a decent entry-level Ibanez, I got a Jackson COW7, and the neck isn't much wider than a regular Dinky.
                    sigpic

Comment

I am the same way for not playing much lately. its bad. I have been so damn busy learning to fly that I havent been able to play guitar. I dont even have callouses on my fingers anymore. but the good news is I will be a licensed pilot soon. but its hard to balance every hobby. I just dont have enough time.

oh yea, ditch the 7 string. 6 strings rule.
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        Finally got my ex-wife's name off my house and don't have to worry about her crap any more. And I've got a new tattoo and new girlfriend, so things are going well.
                        Hah! Right on! Sorry to hear things didn't work out... or maybe they did??? ;D

Inazone - that's cool. You know, I decided to just go with the GHS Boomers 70-11's and give 'em a shot on my RR1. I'm tuned down to A (ADGCEA) and wow, it sounds BRUTAL!!! And it plays beautifully! I'm pretty excited.

tonemonster - Hell yeah, dude! I've been wanting to go to flight school for the past few years. But alas, have kinda put that on the backburner. Congrats on the upcoming new license! That's gotta be a great feeling.

FWIW, I've posted some new wanking on my MySpace page if you're interested http://www.myspace.com/Annah Hopefully, I'll be able to share more good band-related news soon. God, I miss the stage!!!
                        Last edited by Annah; 06-20-2010, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X