No announcement yet.

Pink spider web star.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replica's or copies will show up very quickly if something is selling well. Just because it may not be original your guitar still looks to be of good quality.

Comment

Possible DiMarzio part-caster? The parts (tuners, brass bridge) seem to point in that direction, the thinness of the spiderweb graphic seems to point in the "aftermarket" area...
      Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Thank you guys for all of your views. As it is now the weekend and I have a little time out come the screwdrivers....

Comment

At last.......

Comment

:think:

Suffiiciently confused.
            I like EL34s.

Comment

That neck looks like a sanded down strat headstock, but Im no Fender expert.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

This is the last piece of the puzzle and also the bag it came in around 29 years ago.......

Comment

Well I am still no further on, no new leads and still not found another......:think:

Comment

Employee project from any number of guitar manufacturers of that time period?
                    or its a genuine super rare
                    Spideycaster?
                    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

As I stated in June, I think it's a Kramer Voyager. They had a spiderweb design (thin lines) and the Strat headstock back in the 80's. See the link and scroll to the white spiderweb body. The photo above the white one shows the strat headstock they offered. http://www.vintagekramer.com/voyager.htm This is not a Charvel in my opinon. If I were you, I would post this photo on the kramer forum to see what they think.

Comment

Compared to the Kramer pics. Looks like a replica of the voyager, but not a Voyager. Cuts on body are too straight (compare angle of 'horn' near low E in upper register) on Kramer it's curved concave from the neck, straight on the web. The angle of the headstock is straight on the web and curved on the Kramer. Yeah, she's a replica. Looks like someone went to great pains to remove all traces of where the parts came from (or never had any) before it was sold.

Any details where you bought it, how much paid, etc?

ETA: that is one strange looking bridge. Floating with no locking nuts? haven't seen those in a while. Anyone know what kind of guitars used a system like that?

Looks like it could be a DiMarzio indeed. Check out the trem/ headstock in this pic

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1003&bih=621
                        Last edited by cedelong; 02-25-2011, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Well, I never did get any further, but, thanks for all the views expressed. Maybe one day......

Comment

if it were a DiMarzio parts guitar it would have the burn marks in the neck pocket and neck heel and be a dead copy of a Charvel body because Charvel made them for DiMarzio. Body shape is not Kramer or Charvel we know that much.
                            Nice bridge tho' any markings on the underside or a part number?

Gig bag could be a Kramer or J.B Player.
                            Dixon made a bunch of these in the 80's but most had a bullet style truss rod.
                            Last edited by straycat; 09-25-2013, 08:09 PM.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

FWIW, agreed in 12 fret dot spacing - not charvel.
                              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                              X