I think it's a model 1a - Am I right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's a model 1a - Am I right?

Hi, my husband picked up this guitar for $75, we didn't know much about it, but after hours of looking at photos and finally finding the catalog scans... I'm thinking it is a model 1a with a humbucker and 2 single coils instead of the 3 singles.

Am I right? Is there anything else you can tell me about it? Also my son would really love to know approximately how much his guitar is worth.

Serial #260037

It could be a Model 1 or 1A neck - but its definately not a Model 1A body.

Model 1A bodies had side mount jacks and were made of basswood - that's not basswood.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah they didn't have Floyd's either. So it's a mutt. Value wise you could part out the neck and floyd for maybe around $150. As a whole maybe $150-$250? $75 seems like a good score and it probably plays and sounds quite nice. Tell your son that killing his parents and selling the guitar will not set him up for life.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

+1
        The pickguard is incorrect as well. Should only have 2 knobs (tone/volume). The neck by itself is worth $75. Considering the other components (Floyd Rose Trem, pickups, neck plate, etc.) if sold separately, it is probably worth $200 or so. Just my opinion.

Comment

The pickguard is incorrect, but they did come with 3 singles and 3 knobs:

Alvin's pic

Ah hell - never mind that pic - its got a different neck on it. Pickguard is right for a 1A, though.
          Blank yo!

Comment

Thanks... I don't know how I missed the jack thing...? Staring at too many guitar photos I guess...

Any clue what body it is/could be?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              The pickguard is incorrect, but they did come with 3 singles and 3 knobs:

Alvin's pic

Ah hell - never mind that pic - its got a different neck on it. Pickguard is right for a 1A, though.
              Ugh, you are correct. I was thinking of the Model 3 that I used to own. It was original and only had two knobs. My mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by harpazo_hope View Post
                Any clue what body it is/could be?
                Could be anything. Pull the neck and the pickguard off and see if its got a hallmark in the neck pocket or the pickup route.

It's definately aftermarket - there's no screw holes for the trem cavity cover.
                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                X