Help with Identifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Identifying

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I was hoping to get some help on possibly identifying a guitar i bought.

The man I bought it from was a guitar collector from California that was selling all of his guitars. Anyways, I came across a guitar that he claims to be a Steve Stevens Jackson prototype. I am asking for help because there is no serial number on the neck plate and no logo on the headstock. However, there is a sticker inside the trem cover that reads: GJ47-502. I bought the guitar because quite frankly, it plays amazing. With help from the forum, I would like to identify my guitar and hopefully clarify if it is really a Jackson or not. And as for the HC sticker on the back of the headstock, the guys name was Henry Chan.

Pictures

That's called an Ibanez RG body/Jackson tuners/Hand-made jackson wanna be neck..... you got ripped off in other words.
    Gear

Jackson DXMG
    Jackson JS30RR
    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
    Blackstar HT5H
    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
    Marshall JCM 800 2203
    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

That sure doesn't look like any RG body i've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Pointy View Post
        That sure doesn't look like any RG body i've ever seen.
        I forget what the bodies called, I know it's an ibanez body, dunno which one though, care to enlighten me? all I know is it's definitely not a jackson body.
        Gear

Jackson DXMG
        Jackson JS30RR
        Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
        Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
        Blackstar HT5H
        Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
        Marshall JCM 800 2203
        Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Oh, just looked at the Ibbys on google, the left edge is not round enough, I guess your right :L
          Gear

Jackson DXMG
          Jackson JS30RR
          Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
          Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
          Blackstar HT5H
          Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
          Marshall JCM 800 2203
          Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

who cares what it is? does it play nice? does it do what you want?

If so then good, i dont think it can be fully identified here due to the blank neck plate, but who cares? really?
            if the guitar does what you want and you didnt pay to much for it then just play it and then decide

i would assume its not a jackson for three reasons: the strap botton positioning, the body shape and the rear mount locking nut.

but if you like the guitar, keep shredding it!!!

Comment

The control route looks correct for a jackson/charvel and the neck looks like a jackson/charvel neck but almost everything else makes me think it is some kind of parts, hobby, put together kind of thing. The body is similar to a super dinky but the horns look off. Anyone else got any ideas on this?

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
                i would assume its not a jackson for three reasons: the strap botton positioning, the body shape and the rear mount locking nut.
                Everyone used rear-mounted locking nuts back in the day. Jackson's also done weird strap button positioning and body shapes.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X