Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any info available on production quantities of '90s era Charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any info available on production quantities of '90s era Charvels?

Just wondering if there are any resources available detailing how many guitars were made per year of each particular model.

In particular, I'm curious to find out how many Charvel-branded surfcaster 12 strings there are out there- (I'm trying to complete my collection) I have 4 of the 6 colors they were offered in, but I'd like to know what I'm up against statistically in picking up the elusive others.

I'm also interested in the LS series Charvels- I keep seeing them pop up on ebay for reasonable prices- mostly LS-1 goldtops but I'd really like to track down an LS-3 like the one I traded for, then traded away. Something about that guitar is calling to me, even 10+ years later.

From my reading/browsing/trolling on various forums It seems that C/J didn't keep very detailed records, but I'm hoping some of the experts & veteran Charvel & Jackson players might know of resources I haven't found yet. Hopefully the record-keeping was better in the early '90s, as most of the focus I've come across seems to be on the '80s era charvels.

Yes, I know I'm looking for the guitars that basically put Charvel in the ground, but it seems to me that they were experiments at the pinnacle of emerging technologies- Tone guitars that played like shredders.

Any insights?
    I will sacrifice Gracie Law to appease my emperor and live out my earthly pleasures with Miao Yin!

I don't believe there are any figures on Japanese production numbers around. Good luck in completing your collection. Which colours are you missing?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm still looking for surfcaster 12's in Seafoam Green and Trans Burst.

I've actually seen 2 seafoam ones online now- one in the Charvel catalog, and one on eBay that got away from me (It belonged to Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, so of course it went for double what I was willing to pay)

The Trans Burst is another story- I've seen a couple 6-strings on the bay & craigslist, but NEVER in my 4 years of searching have I seen a 12-string one. I wonder if any made it into the market at all. If anyone has one, I'd love to see a pic- just to stave off the despair...
      I will sacrifice Gracie Law to appease my emperor and live out my earthly pleasures with Miao Yin!

Comment

Yeah there's really no way to tell how many were made... the only ones that are really traceable are the pro neckthru guitars as their serials are in numerical order for every year they were made. At the beginning of each manufacturing year the sequence started over. Bolton's otoh werent really done in order.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
        X