No announcement yet.

What Neck looks best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd steal it and paint it Red . Don't blame the RG, blame the game. Seriously that's at least a proper metal axe. It's been cheaply modded to look sort of like a Jem 777 shocking pink, but meh. People who can't afford jems usually ruin perfectly good RG's to try to fool themselves i think? I dunno. I wish i could ask him why he put green felt in his cavity put oh well.

Comment

Wow! A Fender System I bridge....don't see many of those. Leave the fender neck on the green one.
      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

May I ask why or how you happen to have over 30 jackson necks lying around?
        |My CSG gallery|
        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

the black fender neck does look cool with the green body. and i'm pretty sure it's the one that goes with it.
          Last edited by fatstrat; 03-07-2010, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
            May I ask why or how you happen to have over 30 jackson necks lying around?
            I bought 7 or 8 necks (cant remember exact amount) plus 5 dinky bodies from a guy at a local guitar show last fall. then I got several more through cheap ebay auctions. THEN I bought 18 more this week in a huge lot of bodies, necks bridges, pickups etc. 8 complete guitars and 28 complete ones in pieces. now i'm like some old lady collecting porcelain cats. I have to take a pic of all of them together. there's shit load of ibanez necks and bodies too. I put together that pink one in a few minutes. I actually painted the cavities green with some craft paint. it sits in the rehearsal room for my sons' band to use. very nice player actually. I'll have to ask danny joe carter if the body went to this neck originally. I know for sure the yellow/maple neck was his.
            Last edited by fatstrat; 03-07-2010, 01:00 PM.

Comment

got it done! thanks guys for your help and input. I stuck with the original fender neck, and it blew me away. feels and plays great! just need to put the locking nut screws on and it's 100%. I was planning on selling this to fund a new charvel san dimas purchase, but this one really rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by fatstrat View Post
                I bought 7 or 8 necks (cant remember exact amount) plus 5 dinky bodies from a guy at a local guitar show last fall. then I got several more through cheap ebay auctions. THEN I bought 18 more this week in a huge lot of bodies, necks bridges, pickups etc. 8 complete guitars and 28 complete ones in pieces. now i'm like some old lady collecting porcelain cats. I have to take a pic of all of them together. there's shit load of ibanez necks and bodies too. I put together that pink one in a few minutes. I actually painted the cavities green with some craft paint. it sits in the rehearsal room for my sons' band to use. very nice player actually. I'll have to ask danny joe carter if the body went to this neck originally. I know for sure the yellow/maple neck was his.
                Hey buddy! Man these pics are scary to look at - seeing how most of these guitars sat in my house for two years ( storing them and trying to make them play ) like I have said, it's a VERY small world!! By the way, sorry I ruined the Charvel Journeyman neck, next time we talk I'll tell you about it.

As for the fender neck, yeah that was great choice because that is a very rare Japanese strat they called the Boxster. Nick Lee did those crazy graphics.
                Thanks for posting the pics and the memories fatstrat!
                http://www.myspace.com/dannyjoecarterband
                http://www.youtube.com/user/dannyjoecarter

Comment

The skull paint job is from a local guy that does motor cycle gas tanks etc. I can get his name. he did the strat (for original owner) for $100.
                  Ooops sorry my mistake fatstrat; I had posted about this and thought it was a friend of ours named Nick Lee that did it. My bad.

Comment

it might be him dan. this was from ira, and he said a guy that does motor cycles did it. do you know if it's your guy? the green fender plays AWESOME! great neck. the charvel is called a jounryman? what do you mean you ruined it? I think it plays fantastic!

Comment

it might be him dan. this was from ira, and he said a guy that does motor cycles did it. do you know if it's your guy? the green fender plays AWESOME! great neck. the charvel is called a jounryman? what do you mean you ruined it? I think it plays fantastic!
                      Oh yeah then that's Nick Lee - he does motorcycles as well.

As for the Charvel - yeah that came from a series in the late 90's called the Journeyman series. The neck was already thin but I was going for stupid thin like the RG necks and I thinned and feathered it out and I started hitting the truss rod cavity - DOH! That's the pencil lead looking dis-colorization behind the first or second fret on the back of the neck.
                      It's still real stable and solid but I normally never make a mistake like that.

Comment

it just looks like a dent. plays perfect. and the neck doesn't move at all. I would have never noticed it was touched up if you didn't mention it! can you find out if Nick lee is still doing guitar bodies? I have some bodies I would LOVE him to paint.

Comment

it just looks like a dent. plays perfect. and the neck doesn't move at all. I would have never noticed it was touched up if you didn't mention it! can you find out if Nick lee is still doing guitar bodies? I have some bodies I would LOVE him to paint.
                          Well it's getting him to do it - I guess from what Ira was saying he's so backed up with other jobs it could take awhile. And not cheap either! I'll check with Ira though for ya!

Comment

Isnt that green strat A contemporary strat? I have the same thing (swapped for floyd)
                            But aside from the paint its the same guitar. And what ya want for the Dean Bel aire body?
                            (the orange burst one in the second set of photos.)
                            Gil

Comment

I thought the journeyman from that time period had 24 frets and didn't have a locking nut.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                                I thought the journeyman from that time period had 24 frets and didn't have a locking nut.
                                the strat neck has 4 small holes for a lock nut. but i dont think i got the original lock nut for it. so i put a smaller floyd stlye on there. it's actually not locked down yet, and it's staying in tune great, even with wammy use! I might leave the locking nut off.

Comment

Working...
                                X