Randy Rhoads pimp project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy Rhoads pimp project

Just finished my latest guitar pimp project - an inexpensive Jackson Randy Rhoads Ex I got on E(vil) Bay that I gutted, stripped, sanded, primed, painted and upgraded. I added Seymour Duncan active Blackouts, Original Floyd Rose, Mighty Mite replacement neck (with obligatory reverse head stock and Sharkies-RAWK!) Planet Waves tuners, Schaller strap locks, custom skull and crossbones truss cover and a CTS toggle in place of the blade style switch. She plays pretty well but still needs intonating and the high E buzzes a little between the nut and the first fret. A fine example of turd polishing!

Originally posted by vector View Post
    So you colored your headstock too ??

Comment

Originally posted by Ripping Vaginal Skin View Post
      looks nice, but the painted trem cavity doesn't belong. Are you gonna make the headstock match the body?

Comment

Originally posted by Ripping Vaginal Skin View Post
        No...the Mighty Mite neck came that way but that's not a bad idea- just might paint the head stock in the same design.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
          looks nice, but the painted trem cavity doesn't belong. Are you gonna make the headstock match the body?
          I hear ya but I actually like it and left it that way on purpose. Adds a little contrast to the design. The good news is I can easily paint that black any time.

Comment

Do they not do binding, or did you choose not to have it?
            I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
            X